Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on August 11th, 2022
Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 26.99% to 29.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0-$59
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- See if you qualify instantly without harming your credit score
- Get a higher credit line if you're in good standing after making your first 6 payments on time
- Free, online credit score access for cardholders
- Instant decision on your application
- No interest on purchases when you pay in full and on time each month
- No security deposit required – get started today!
- Enjoy coverage from Visa®
- Access your account anytime, anywhere with our mobile app
- Regular Purchase APR: 26.99% to 29.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0-$59
- Foreign Transaction Fee: If the transaction occurs at a merchant outside of the U.S., the fee is 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of the transaction, regardless of whether a currency conversion is performed at the time of the transaction
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Mission Lane Visa Credit Card can help you boost your credit score through responsible use. The Mission Lane Visa® is an unsecured credit repair card that promises transparent pricing and no hidden fees. This card is designed to help users boost their credit score and do so through comprehensive tools and access to higher credit lines over time.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have subprime credit
- Don’t have the money for the deposit that comes with secured cards
- Want access to comprehensive credit resources
- Want a credit card that does away with hidden fees and confusing pricing
Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card Review
Mission Lane is one of those credit card companies that understands how hard it can be to build a positive credit history. That is why its Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card offers all the benefits of other subprime credit cards – without the hidden fees. There are no activation fees, no maintenance fees, and where there is an annual fee, the company is upfront and honest.
The card is a basic offering in that there are no introductory APR periods on purchases or balance transfers, no signup bonuses, and no rewards points. Like the Mission Lane Visa, credit builder cards are all about increasing credit card knowledge and showcasing how users apply that knowledge through on-time payments and financial responsibility. It is here where the card shines.
Regular Credit Reporting and Comprehensive Educational Tools
Mission Lane provides all cardholders with a comprehensive selection of credit education tools and tips to help supercharge their credit journey. These resources include complimentary credit score access, credit building educational materials, and regular reporting to the major credit bureaus.
Unlike some other issuers that only report to one agency, Mission Lane reports to all three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. This universal, monthly reporting can help increase the odds of securing future credit as both a user’s FICO and VantageScore will reflect their hard work and responsible credit usage.
Chance at Credit Line Increases
However, that’s not to say that using the Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card is unrewarding: make your payments on time, and Mission Lane may provide a credit limit increase.
Many subprime credit cards offer the chance at potential credit limit increases after 6-12 months. On the other hand, Mission Lane offers credit limit increases wherever possible – regardless of the time frame.
Mission Lane Vs. Milestone Mastercard
The Mission Lane Visa shares some similarities with the Milestone Mastercard – another popular credit-building option. Here is how the two cards compare:
An Decent APR
Subprime credit cards rarely offer excellent interest rates – and the Mission Lane Visa is no different. The card features a standard purchase APR of between around 20% and 30%. For comparison, the average APR for someone with bad credit is approximately 22%, while the average APR for average credit scores is close to 26%.
Fortunately, paying off the credit card balance before the statement is issued means purchases accrue no interest. And, if credit utilization is kept below 30% (crucial for building your credit score), the interest payments should not be too bothersome in the short term.
other notable features of the Mission Lane Visa credit card include:
- 23-day grace period
- Contactless chip payment
- Mobile app access for 24/7 banking
The Mission Lane credit card also enjoys Visa Platinum benefits and protections. These benefits include the following:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement|
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton|
Frequently Asked Questions About Mission Lane
Here are some common questions about the Mission Lane credit and debit card products, as well as their answers:
- Credit limits are generally calculated based on your income and credit history. But Mission Lane will re-evaluate your account at least every 12 months to see if you’re eligible for a credit limit increase.
- The Mission Lane Credit Card reports to all three major credit bureaus, TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax, on your billing cycle’s closing date
- The simplest way to apply for the Mission Lane Visa is through the secure “Apply Now” link at the top of the page, which will redirect you to Mission Lane’s secured website. Other application options include via the Mission Lane app for both iOS and Android.
- The Mission Lane Credit Card customer service phone number is 1-855-570-3732.
- You can also contact Mission Lane via mail at the following address:
- Mission Lane LLC
PO Box 105286
Atlanta, GA 30348
- Mission Lane LLC
Mission Lane credit, debit, and checking products are available in all U.S. states plus the District of Columbia (D.C.) except:
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
- Mission Lane delivers new credit cards to successful applicants within 14 business days from approval date.
Mission Lane Visa Card Ratings
How does the Mission Lane Credit Card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
Should You Apply for the Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card?
There are plenty of subprime credit cards on the market, so why should you consider the Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card? For starters, the card requires no security deposit. In addition, Mission Lane is above board and upfront with all of its product’s pricing, meaning there are no hidden fees.
Building a positive credit history requires having the right tools – another aspect where the Mission Lane Visa succeeds. Cardholders receive access to their credit score on-demand, as well as a variety of credit building resources.
Add these components together (along with reporting to all three major credit bureaus) and you get the makings of a great credit card to boost a flagging credit score. Even better, Mission Lane is very proactive in giving credit line increases to those willing to put the hard work in.
Summing it all up, the Mission Lane Visa® Credit Card is ideal for anyone who is serious about their credit and committed to improving the details of their credit journey. Do this, and the card is an ideal companion on your road to a better financial standing.