| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
Firefly Visa Platinum Rewards
Firefly Visa Platinum Rewards
- 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Firefly Visa Platinum is a low APR and rewards credit card from TruStone Credit Union. The card features a competitive APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, as well as no hidden fees, maintenance fees, or annual fees. The card also acts as a reliable rewards card, with members earning one point for every dollar spent on purchases. New account holders also get a bonus 500 points after making a first purchase with the Firefly Visa Platinum card.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- Earn 1 rewards point for every dollar spent
- Competitive APR
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, and more
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- You want a reliable balance transfer and rewards credit card
- You already bank with TruStone Credit Union
- You don’t want to worry about annual fees or hidden maintenance costs
Firefly Visa Platinum Rewards Review
The Firefly Visa Platinum is a combination balance transfer and rewards credit card from Firefly Credit Union. Firefly is a Minnesota-based credit union with branches surrounding the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis
The Firefly Visa Platinum card features an exceptional APR for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances – making it excellent as both a low APR and balance transfer credit card. Applicants with excellent credit scores can expect low APRs, while those with a less-than-stellar credit score receiving rates that line up with the national average. Note that these rates will vary based on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. These interest rates are very competitive when compared to similar cards from larger lenders, with the typical Firefly Visa Platinum cardholder saving an average of around $150 each year.
The Firefly Visa Platinum card is also a reliable rewards card, with members earning a single point for every dollar they spend on purchases. New cardholders also receive an instant 500 bonus points when they make their first purchase using the Firefly Visa Platinum card. Points earned through the card are redeemable through the Scorecard Rewards program for rewards such as gift cards, merchandise from leading retailers, cashback, or travel.
Like other Visa card offerings from Firefly Credit Union, the Firefly Visa Platinum Rewards card offers comprehensive fraud, travel, and security protections. Cardholders are protected should they be injured while on vacation, as well as if their rental car is damaged in a crash. EMV chip technology adds another layer of security and also offers the perk of near-global card acceptance.
Should You Apply for the Firefly Visa Platinum Rewards Card?
Overall, the Firefly Visa Platinum card is an excellent option for those who like their rewards simple, their APR low, and their customer service and security excellent. For Minnesota-based consumers, the Firefly Visa Platinum card is reliable, and one card that should be given some serious consideration.
Browse Other Firefly CU Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.