| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
Firefly Visa Signature Card
Firefly Visa Signature Card
- 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Firefly Visa Signature is a no-nonsense rewards credit card from TruStone Credit Union. The card earns 1.5 points for every dollar spent on purchases, with points redeemable for travel, cash back, gift cards, and more. New account holders also benefit from a special earning rate of 3 points for every dollar spent for the first six months, as well as a bonus 1,000 points for the first use of the card. The Firefly Visa Signature also features a competitive APR.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 3x points on gas and groceries for the first 6 months
- Access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collectio
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 14.65% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- You already bank with TruStone Credit Union or are based in Minnesota
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You want a competitive APR
- You want to earn rewards for every purchase
Firefly Visa Signature Card Review
The Firefly Visa Signature is a reliable rewards card from Minnesota-based Firefly Credit Union. Cardholders earn triple points (3 points for every dollar spent) on purchases for the first 6 months, followed by 1.5 points for every dollar spent after that. New Firefly Visa Signature cardholders also get an instant 1,000 bonus points when they first use their card to make a purchase – a nice, little perk. Points earned through the Scorecard Rewards program are redeemable for gift cards, cash back, merchandise from top retailers, or even travel or vacation packages.
The Firefly Visa Signature also offers members the perks and benefits commonly found with a Visa Signature card. Holders can expect 24/7 concierge service, aiding in booking travel, purchasing event tickets, or making reservations for dinner and zero liability for fraudulent activities on the card. The Firefly Visa Signature also features EMV chip technology, adding a layer of security, as well as providing near-global card acceptance.
Like other credit union cards, the Firefly Visa Signature offers an excellent, highly competitive APR for purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers. Typical interest rates for those with excellent credit are around 13%, though this rate may vary depending upon the Prime Rate and the applicant’s creditworthiness. The card also benefits from no annual fees, no maintenance fees, and no fees on balance transfers or cash advances. Overall, the Firefly Visa Signature offers significant savings for holders, with members on average saving close to $150 per year when compared to similarly positioned cards offered by larger lenders.
Should You Apply for the Firefly Visa Signature Card?
The Firefly Visa Signature may not be the most exciting rewards credit card on the market, and it may be from a small lender, but for those in the Twin Cities and the surrounding area, this may be a credit card they should consider before automatically going with something from a big lender – especially if they want low rates and no hidden fees.
Browse Other Firefly CU Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.