Disney® Visa® Card
$50 Statement Credit After First Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months after select Disney vacation package or real estate interest purchase in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort
- Processing Network Visa
- Enjoy 10% off on select Disney and Star Wars purchases at Disney stores and shopDisney.com
- Earn 1% in Disney Reward Dollars on all card purchases with no earning limits
- Make memories with exclusive photo opportunities with Disney or Star Wars characters in private locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Choose from a variety of Disney-themed card designs
- No annual Fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months after select Disney vacation package or real estate interest purchase in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Disney® Visa® Card shines when shopping and redeeming with Disney, offering plenty of perks and savings for enthusiasts of the household name. Disney creates some of the most magical moments in our lives, and the Disney® Visa® Card allows cardholders to reach these magical memories with every purchase they make with their card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often shop for Disney products
- Travel to Disney locations or book travel with Disney
- Wish to earn rewards and plan to redeem them towards Disney products
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
The Disney® Visa® Card Review
The Happiest Place on Earth is always within grasp for Disney Visa Cardholders. The card, for Chase, allows Disney fanatics to earn Disney Reward Dollars (DRDs) with every purchase.
How to Earn Rewards
The Disney Visa Card is the no annual fee sibling of the Disney Premier Visa. Because the card charges no fees for use, it earns points at a lower rate than it’s bigger sibling. The card makes a flat-rate 1% back in DRDs on every purchase.
One of the frustrating aspects of the card is that it doesn’t offer bonus points or accelerated earnings – even at Disney parks. Regardless of where you swipe the card, you’ll get 1% back – that’s it.
How To Spend Disney Reward Dollars
Disney Reward Dollars have a value of approximately one cent per point. This means that cardholders would need to spend $100 on purchases with their card to earn just 1 DRD. To break it down further, here’s how much you would earn at various spending levels:
- $5 will receive $0.05 worth of Disney Reward Dollars
- $500 will earn $5 worth of Disney Reward Dollars
- $5,000 will receive $50 value of Disney Reward Dollars
DRDs do have some flexibility in redemption. Award options include:
- Disney Hotels & Resorts –DRDs apply towards accommodations and room charges at most Disney Resorts (U.S. locations only).
- Theme Park Admission Tickets –DRDs apply to both general admission tickets and annual pass memberships at Disney Hollywood Studios®, Disney California Adventure® Park, and Disneyland® Park.
- Theme Park Vendors – Many park vendors and restaurants will accept Disney Reward Dollars as a form of payment. They will even return used reward dollars to your account in the event of a refund. This also includes additional in-park activities such as guided tours, photo passes, and more.
- Merchandise –Use DRDs at all Disney merchandise locations, as well as when shopping at ShopDisney.com.
- Disney Cruise Line –Use DRDs towards cruise bookings via DisneyCruiseLine.com or for onboard purchases, upgrades, or services.
- Movie Tickets – Disney is partnered with AMC theaters to allow cardholders to pay for tickets to Disney, Disney-Pixar, and Star Wars movie tickets.
Special Disney Financing
The Disney Visa Card comes with a unique 0% intro APR offer. Unlike other cards which offer no interest on balance transfers, the Disney Card provides new accounts with 0% APR for the first six months on select Disney vacation packages. This makes the card a decent option for those who are considering a family getaway to the Magic Kingdom, Disneyworld, or any other park – but want to save money for use on-site.
The Disney Visa Card also comes with another introductory bonus: a $50 statement credit after making a first purchase with the card. While this bonus isn’t exceptional – nor will it entice any new applicants – it is something that can add a little extra value to those who plan on making the most use of the card.
Other Card Features
Other features of note with eh card include 10% savings on select Disney purchases. The categories that earn these additional savings are all purchases at ShopDisney.com and any merchandise purchases of over $50 at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
Should You Apply for the Disney® Visa® Card?
The Disney Visa Card from Chase offers some value for those who plan to make use of it at Disney properties. Even those who want a card that can help them save fr a dream vacation may find great value here. For everyone else, however, the Disney Visa offers less value.
This card is ideal for Disney Annual Passholders, who will most frequently take advantage of the 10% in-park discounts, as well as those with an upcoming Disney vacation who will utilize the 0% APR special financing on vacation packages.