Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Disney® Premier Visa® Card
$200 Statement Credit After Spending $500
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $49
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months after select Disney vacation package or real estate interest purchase in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 2% in Disney Rewards Dollars on gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, and most Disney locations
- Earn 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars on all other purchases
- Enjoy 10% off on select Disney and Star Wars purchases at Disney stores and shopDisney.com
- Exclusive photo opportunities with Disney or Star Wars characters in private locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months after select Disney vacation package or real estate interest purchase in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $49
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite – Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 – See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card shines brightest when shopping and redeeming with Disney, offering plenty of perks and savings for enthusiasts of the Happiest Place on Earth.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often shop for Disney products
- Travel to Disney locations or book travel with Disney
- Wish to earn rewards and plan to redeem them towards Disney products
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card Review
The Disney® Premier Visa® Card from Chase will delight anyone who loves to visit the happiest place on earth. The card, ideal for Mouseketeers, earns unlimited Disney Rewards Dollars (DRDs) by merely making everyday purchases.
Statement Credit Signup Bonus
The Disney Premier Visa comes with a more significant statement bonus than the Disney Visa. That card receives a $50 statement credit after making the first purchase. The Premier, on the other hand, provides a $200 credit, but also requires a $500 spend on the card within the first three months.
How to Earn Rewards
The Disney Premier Visa offers additional rewards versus the no annual fee Disney Visa Card. Where that card earns a flat 1% back in the form of DRDs, the Premier earns extra rewards at Disney – and elsewhere.
Cardmembers earn a solid 2% back on Disney purchases, meaning the card offers exceptional value for those who are Disney annual pass holders or who plan on using the card for booking their next Disney trip.
Unlike the basic Disney Visa Card, the Premier also earns DRDs outside of Disney. Purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants also earn 2% back, meaning the card offers significant value for those who want an everyday credit card to help finance their next family vacation.
Every other eligible purchase with the card earns 1% back.
Special Disney Financing
Like the Disney Visa Card, the Disney Premier Visa offers 0% APR for the first six months on select Disney vacation packages. This makes the card an excellent option for those who are thinking about a Disney Vacation and want to maximize their budget.
How to Redeem Rewards
Disney Reward Dollars have a value of approximately one cent per point. This means that cardholders would need to spend $100 on purchases with their card to earn just 1 DRD Fortunately, DRDs do have some flexibility in redemption, with award options include:
- Disney Hotels & Resorts –DRDs apply towards accommodations and room charges at most Disney Resorts (U.S. locations only).
- Theme Park Admission Tickets –DRDs apply to both general admission tickets and annual pass memberships at Disney Hollywood Studios®, Disney California Adventure® Park, and Disneyland® Park.
- Theme Park Vendors – Many park vendors and restaurants will accept Disney Reward Dollars as a form of payment. They will even return used reward dollars to your account in the event of a refund. This also includes additional in-park activities such as guided tours, photo passes, and more.
- Merchandise –Use DRDs at all Disney merchandise locations, as well as when shopping at ShopDisney.com.
- Disney Cruise Line –Use DRDs towards cruise bookings via DisneyCruiseLine.com or for onboard purchases, upgrades, or services.
- Movie Tickets – Disney partners with AMC theaters to allow cardholders to pay for tickets to Disney, Disney-Pixar, and Star Wars movie tickets.
Disney Rewards Dollars with the Disney Premier Visa also apply towards airline credits. This additional award category offers accounts the chance to offset the costs of flying to Orlando or Anaheim.
Other Chase Disney Premier Card Benefits
The Premier Card also features the same 10% savings as the Disney Visa. Cardholders receive 10% savings on purchases at ShopDisney.com and any merchandise purchases of over $50 at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
For more information on the Disney Rewards loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Disney® Premier Visa® Card?
While the $59 annual fee may turn away some potential applicants, it really shouldn’t. The Disney® Premier Visa® Card is the perfect card for those who love Disney and love to visit the Happiest Place on Earth.
Those planning a trip can save serious money with everyday purchases thanks to the 2% back on gas, groceries, and dining. The additional 10% savings on select Disney purchases, plus the 0% intro APR financing on Disney vacations, are also excellent benefits that provide families with real value.
Overall, the Disney® Premier Visa® Card isn’t for everybody. But, for those who either love Disney or wan to save money for a family vacation for their kids who love Disney, the card is an excellent option to consider.