California Bank & Trust AmaZing Rewards for Business Visa® Card
Earn a 50,000 Point Bonus
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months
- Earn 3X points on office supplies, plus phone and computer network services
- Earn 2X points on airlines and car rentals and 1X points on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.25% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 6 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.25% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $10
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $10
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The California Bank & Trust AmaZing Rewards for Business Visa® is a reliable business rewards card that earns impressive points in the categories that matter most to companies. The card also features a decent 0% introductory APR period and no annual fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Use their credit card to pay utilities, such as the internet, cable, or phone bills
- Want to earn points when booking critical parts of business trips
- Plan to use their card extensively within the first three months, given the 0% intro APR on purchases and 50,000 bonus points offer
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
California Bank & Trust AmaZing Rewards for Business Visa® Card Review
The California Bank & Trust AmaZing Rewards for Business Visa® Card allows companies to earn up to 3X points on purchases in critical categories and 2X on select travel purchases. The card also benefits from an interest-free six-month introductory period on both purchases and balance transfers, a competitive fixed-rate APR after that, and no annual fee.
How to Earn Points
The CB&T AmaZing Rewards for Business Visa® Card earns an impressive amount of rewards in the categories that matter to companies – regardless of their size.
Businesses earn triple points (3X per dollar spent) on purchases in the following categories:
- Mobile and landline telephone services
- Internet providers
- Satellite and cable TV services
- Office supplies
Service providers and office supplies are something that every company needs, regardless of their size. Earning triple points on the types of things companies typically purchase anyways is always a great feature in a rewards card – and one that the AmaZing Rewards Card delivers.
Cardholders also earn double points (2X for every dollar spent) on travel purchases made directly with airlines or car rental companies and a single point on every other purchase. The double points categories offer significant value for businesses that frequently send their employees on work trips. This is especially if that business travel takes them across the country – or across the ocean.
An AmaZing Signup Bonus
Business credit cards often come with hefty bonuses due to the sheer amount of spend companies typically place on their credit cards. The AmaZing Rewards Card is no different, offering 50,000 bonus points for meeting minimum spend requirements within the first 90 days of account opening. The minimum spend, $5,000 may sound high, but works out as approximately $1,600 per month for the first three months.
Given that the card earns 3X points on office supplies and many business communications services, plus 2X on select travel, the $5,000 threshold shouldn’t be too tricky for most medium-sized companies to reach. Moreover, if all $5,000 were spent on the triple-points category – for instance, as an investment in new office equipment and paying utilities – the 50,000-point bonus would actually be 65,000 points. Sixty-five-thousand points (or $650 cash back) is enough for a reward flight; several nights stay in a hotel for an employee on a business trip, or another impressive perk.
How to Redeem Points
CB&T values AmaZing points at once cent per point ($0.01/pt.), as this is the rate points are redeemable for cash back: either as a statement credit or direct deposit into existing California Bank & Trust savings or checking accounts. When redeeming points for statement credits it’s essential to understand that any statement credit does not apply towards current balances, meaning that existing balances must be paid without bonus points.
Other options for redeeming points include the usual fare from a rewards portal, including travel (hotels, flights, car rentals, etc.) merchandise from leading retailers, and gift cards.
There is no limit to the number of points that can be earned, though redemptions must start from 2,500 points. Like other reward programs, points can be used to pay for awards in full, or as partial payment with the rest paid in cash. Points don’t expire if the account is open and active.
Introductory Interest-Free Period for Six Months
The AmaZing Rewards Business Card comes with two initial interest-free periods for new accounts. Balance transfers and purchases both benefit from 0% APR for the first six months, which are always welcome perks.
The 0% introductory APR on purchases is especially beneficial, given the $5,000 in spending needed to reach the 50,000 bonus points in the first three months. The added perk of no interest on purchases for the first half of the year makes investing in office supplies and technology that much easier, as the balance can then be paid down over the ensuing months.
Competitive Fixed Rate APR
The CB&T AmaZing Rewards Business Visa® Card offers a reliable, fixed-rate APR once an interest-free period concludes. The rate, currently fixed at 11% + Prime, isn’t as low as the interest rate with the CB&T AmaZing Rate Visa®, but the rate is still highly competitive with other rewards business cards. The competitive APR makes the card a reliable choice for companies that want to earn substantial rewards – but not get punished for having to carry balances.
Should You Apply for the California Bank & Trust AmaZing Rewards Business Visa® Card?
Overall, the California Bank & Trust AmaZing Rewards for Business Visa® Card is a rewards card that offers impressive value for small-to-medium California companies. Triple points on utilities and office supplies make it a reliable everyday card, while double points on car rentals and airfare make it the ideal card to use when planning business trips away from the home base.
The CB&T Rewards Card compares favorably with other comparable cards, such as the Fifth Third Business Rewards Card and the BBVA Business Rewards Visa®, with the proviso that both cards come with a more substantial introductory interest-free period. It should be noted, however, that the CB&T Card comes with a fixed interest rate, whereas the other two feature a variable APR.
This combination of substantial rewards, no annual fee, and a competitive, fixed APR make the CB&T AmaZing Rewards Business Visa® an enticing offer for California-based companies that want rewards, but don’t want to pay for the privilege.