California Bank & Trust AmaZing Low Rate Visa® Card
$50 Statement Introductory Bonus
- Regular Purchase APR 9.74% to 15.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 9.74% to 15.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Receive a $50 bonus statement credit after making $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Access to AmaZing Deals coupon app
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.74% to 15.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.74% to 15.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the U.S dollar amount of each transaction
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $10
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The California Bank & Trust AmaZing Low Rate Visa® Card is a low APR and balance transfer credit card that offers 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first six months, a special statement credit for meeting minimum spend requirements, no annual fee, and access the AmaZing Deals coupon program.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have a moderately-large purchase to make soon
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want an everyday card that enjoys a low rate but still earns local rewards
- Live or work in California
California Bank & Trust AmaZing Low Rate Visa® Card Review
California Bank & Trust (CB&T) is a California-based bank with over 100 branches throughout the state. CB&T is part of the much Zions Bancorp family of financial institutions, which encompasses roughly a half dozen banks throughout the country. Despite being part of a larger holding company, CB&T prides itself on its exceptional customer support, as well as providing a range of products designed to help the clients they serve, such as the AmaZing Low Rate Card.
A Great Low Rate
As the name implies, the CB&T AmaZing Low Rate Visa® Card offers a highly competitive interest rate. The exact interest rates will vary based on the creditworthiness of each applicant, but those with excellent credit scores can anticipate an exceptionally low rate that is below 12%. Receiving an APR that is approximately six percentage points lower than the national average is nothing to scoff at – and one of the best features of the card.
Even those with a credit score in the 600s can expect a competitive rate with the card. While the rate won’t be as low, it is in-line with the national average and likely better than anything they’d receive from a national lender. Keep in mind that the national average refers to the average lowest rate, meaning even those with average credit can get an APR that rivals the big boys.
0% Intro APR
The low interest rates with the card are further enhanced by two introductory periods of 0% APR. Both purchases and balance transfers benefit from 0% intro APR for the first six months. Six months interest-free won’t beat the 21 months of 0% intro APR on balance transfers form the Citi Simplicity Card, but given that card’s much-higher regular APR, the CB&T Low Rate is much easier to live with once the initial zero-interest period ends.
A Good Option for Carrying a Balance
This combination of a low APR normally, accentuated by a solid introductory 0% APR period, creates a card that is conducive for both financing larger purchases over time and conducting balance transfers. Carrying a balance is a task this card does effortlessly and is an underrated credit card perk that is typically overlooked in favor of the much flashier points and cash back – and little else.
Carrying a balance isn’t an ideal scenario, but it’s a reality for many Americans. A low APR card, like the CB&T AmaZing Rate Visa®, is an everyday tool that can make life easier.
Introductory Statement Bonus
The California Bank & Trust AmaZing Low Rate Visa® Card offers more than just a great rate. The card also benefits from an introductory statement credit offer. Spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 90 days earns a $50 statement credit. Fifty dollars might not sound like much, but it equates to 2.5% cash back. Given the AmaZing Cash Card earns 2% back for the first 90 days and 1% back after that, 2.5% back as a statement bonus isn’t too bad of a reward.
All CB&T Visa® Cardholders also have access to CB&T AmaZing Deals. AmaZing Deals is a mobile coupon app that allows CB&T cardholders to show their phone at participating California retailers and restaurants to receive cash back when shopping. Just download the CB&T mobile app, login, and show the coupon at participating retailers – that’s all.
This additional perk isn’t groundbreaking and won’t replace the rewards that come from a cash back card, but as the Low Rate Card doesn’t earn any rewards points, this addition does as some quality to the card as a whole.
Should You Apply for the California Bank & Trust AmaZing Low Rate Visa® Card?
Overall, the CB&T AmaZing Low Rate Visa Card is a reliable balance transfer and low APR card that benefits from its 0% introductory APR periods and the additional benefits that come with being a CB&T credit customer.
As a low APR card, the CB&T Low Rate Card doesn’t offer the perks that come with the California Bank & Trust credit cards, such as the AmaZing Rewards or AmaZing Cash Back, but it provides enough thanks to the AmaZing Deal app to make it useful for financing or everyday spending with participating California businesses.