Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash for Business Visa® Card
Earn an Introductory $500 in Cash Back
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months
- 3% cash back on office supplies and telecom services
- 2% back on airfare and car rentals and 1% back on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 6 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $10
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $10
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash for Business Visa® is a cash back business card that rewards companies with impressive cash back in critical categories. The card also benefits from a decent interest-free introductory period and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often use their credit card to pay phone bills, internet service providers, or other similar utilities
- Want to earn rewards when booking flights or rental cars
- Plan to use their card for at least $5,000 in purchases in the first 90 days
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash for Business Visa® Card Review
The California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash for Business Visa® Card allows companies to earn up to 3% cash back on purchases on telecommunications services and office supplies and 2% back on select travel purchases.
How to Earn Cash Back
The CB&T AmaZing Cash Back for Business Visa® Card earns impressive cash back rewards for every purchase, with select spends earning up to 3% back.
Companies earn 3% cash back on purchases in the following categories:
- Office supplies
- Mobile and landline telephone services
- Satellite and cable TV services
- Internet providers
Getting 3% back on service providers and office supplies is a great perk, as these are the types of things companies typically purchase – regardless of their size.
Businesses also earn 2% back on purchases made directly with car rental companies or airfare booked directly through the airline. For companies that frequently purchase airfare or rental cars for employees going on business trips, 2% back on every eligible dollar spent is another unique selling point that makes the AmaZing Cash Rewards Card so worthwhile.
An AmaZing Signup Bonus
The AmaZing Cash Card offers an enticing signup bonus for new accounts – one that is essentially the same as that found with the AmaZing Rewards for Business Card. New accounts can earn $500 cash back for making $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days.
Since the card earns 3% back on office supplies and many telecommunications services (including internet), plus 2% back on select travel, the $5,000 threshold isn’t as daunting as it might seem. If all of the $5,000 were spent on the 3% back category – on office supplies or internet services, for example – the $500 bonus would increase by $150, making it $650. This cash back reward is easily enough to fund a future business trip, such as a few nights at a hotel or a roundtrip domestic flight.
How to Redeem Cash Back
Redeeming cash back with CB&T is straightforward. To redeem cash back, the credit card account must be in good standing, and at least $25 in cash back accumulated. CB&T defines “good standing” as the account not being over the limit, 60 days or more past due, or closed.
There are two options for redeeming rewards: as a statement credit to the account, or as a deposit to a linked CB&T banking account. If the account is not in good standing, however, CB&T may deny any cash back reward requests.
Six Months of 0% APR
The AmaZing Cash Business Card offers interest-free periods on both Balance transfers and purchases. Both of these transactions feature 0% APR for the first six months, which is always a helpful component to find in a business reward card
The 0% introductory APR is especially beneficial on purchases, as $5,000 in spending is required to reach the $500 cash back bonus. The added perk of no interest on purchases for the first half of the year makes investing in office supplies and technology that much easier, as the balance can then be paid down over the ensuing months.
Competitive Fixed Rate APR
The CB&T AmaZing Cash Business Visa® Card offers a reliable, fixed-rate APR once an interest-free period concludes. The rate, fixed at the same 11% + Prime as the AmaZing Rewards Card, is highly competitive with other similar rewards business cards. This enticing APR makes the card a dependable choice for companies that want to earn cash back – without being punished for carrying balances.
Should You Apply for the California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash Business Visa® Card?
The California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash for Business Visa® Card offers an impressive amount of cash back on the types of purchases small-to-medium-sized businesses often make.
Three-percent cash back on telecom and internet services, plus office supplies is a great perk, but the addition of 2% on select business travel expenses puts the card over the top when compared to similar cash back cards, such as the PNC Cash Rewards Visa Signature Business Card, which earns a flat-rate 1.5% back on every purchase.
The card also compares favorably to the Bank of America Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard, which earns 3% back in a category of the accountholder’s choosing (including gas stations, telecoms, office supply stores, and more). That card also earns 2% back on dining. While the CB&T AmaZing Cash Card lacks dining, it makes up for it by offering 3% back on telecoms and office supplies, whereas the Bank of America Card only provides the option of one. CB&T Also offers 2% back on airfare, something the Business Advantage does not.
Overall, the California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash for Business Visa® Card offers excellent value that more than holds its own against competitor cards from even the biggest issuers in the country. California Bank & Trust is a regional bank that has built a reputation on offering excellent service, and the CB&T Cash Card is another example of this. The card is a reliable choice for small or medium-sized California companies that want to earn rewards on their key spends without an annual fee.