BOK Financial Visa® Platinum Card
Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 18 months
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 18 months
- 0% introductory APR for 18 months on balance transfers
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 20 months on transfers made within 620 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The BOK Financial Visa® Platinum Card offers cardholders 0% APR for 18 months on purchases. As well, cardholders can benefit for an introductory 0% interest rate on balance transfers for the same period of time. What’s more, there is no annual fee with this credit card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee to use a credit card
- Want to take advantage of 0% APR for 18 months
- Need to transfer a balance from an existing credit card and plan to pay it off in 18 months
- Already bank with BOK Financial
BOK Financial Visa® Platinum Card Review
BOK Financial’s Visa® Platinum card is a basic card for consumers who may not be interested in earning rewards points. It features no annual fee, which is something many rewards cards (including BOK Financial’s offerings) charge.
Furthermore, cardholders can take advantage of 0% interest for the first 18 months that they have this credit card. This promotional offer applies to purchases and balance transfers.
No Annual Fee Saves You Money
The BOK Financial Visa® Platinum card in a non-rewards credit card. This means that you don’t earn points or cash back on your purchases.
However, this card doesn’t charge an annual fee, which is something you have to pay with a lot of rewards cards. Even if a rewards card charges a minimal annual fee, you still need to spend money with your card in order to make it worth your while.
For instance, a $25 annual fee may not seem like a lot. But if your rewards card earns you 1 point for every dollar you spend, you’ll have to look at the rewards catalog to determine how what the value of each point is worth.
If a $25 gift card is valued at 2,500 points, that means that means that each point is worth only one cent. In effect, you only earn $0.01 for every dollar you spend.
That being said, you’d have to spend $2,500 with your new credit card in order to break even on the annual fee. And that doesn’t even include having to pay interest on those purchases.
In effect, no annual fee can actually be more valuable than earning rewards. Of course, this all depends on your spending habits.
0% Introductory APR on Purchases
Perhaps the most attractive features of this credit card are its 0% interest rate promotions. Cardholders won’t have any interest added to their purchases for 18 months from the date that they open an account.
Zero-interest offers are common with a lot of credit cards, and they’re not just a gimmick to get you to sign up. If you use your new credit card strategically, it these promotions can save you a lot of money.
An ideal scenario in which you can use the BOK Financial Visa® Platinum Card’s introductory 0% APR is when you already know you need to make major purchases all at once. If you are planning on updating your kitchen, for instance, and don’t have the cash to pay for all the new appliances, this card can be a lifesaver.
You’ll be able to make the purchases you need without having to pay anything extra. You must, however, have a plan to pay off your balance within 18 months.
While it is possible to be approved for a competitively low APR with this credit card, there is no guarantee. If you keep a balance after the promotional period is over, you can end up having to pay more for your kitchen update than you had anticipated.
While you can find other credit cards with introductory 0% APRs, the promotional periods are usually no longer than 12 months. Having an 18-month no-interest period makes the BOK Visa® Platinum Card really stand out in this regard.
You’ll essentially have six extra months to pay off your balance. And this can make your monthly payments much more manageable.
0% Introductory APR on Balance Transfers
The BOK Financial Visa® Platinum Card also offers cardholders a similar 0% interest promotion on balance transfers. If you transfer over a balance from another credit card to your Visa Platinum card, you won’t have to pay interest on it for 18 months from the date that you opened your account.
Most credit cards that offer an introductory balance transfer APR require you to transfer a balance within a certain time frame. This BOK Visa card is no different.
However, the length of time you have to make a transfer outshines many competitors’ balance transfer promotions. You Have 558 to transfer a balance and take advantage of 0% interest. This comes out to almost a year and a half, which is the same amount of time in which you will accrue no interest on your transfer.
Compare that the typical 90-day window many other credit cards offer, and this can almost be a winning balance transfer card for you. There is, however, one caveat.
Your balance transfers aren’t really free of charges, even if you do transfer a balance within the allotted time. You still have to pay a 3% fee on each transferred balance.
While this is a lot less than having to pay interest, it can add up if you transfer over a large balance or several balances over time. If you have a $5,000 balance on an existing credit card, you’d essentially have to pay a $150 fee.
Should You Apply for the BOK Financial Visa® Platinum Card?
The Visa® Platinum Card from BOK Financial can be a good fit for you if you plan how you will use it wisely. Your interest rate can be low enough to make this a reliable everyday credit card…that is, if your credit is good enough to qualify for it.
The most valuable use for this card, however, is to make large purchases with it early on. If you already know you will need to spend a lot of money on something all at once, you may want to apply for this card. You’ll have 50% more time to pay off your balance with 0% interest than with many other credit cards.
The balance transfer feature presents a catch 22 situation, though. You do have 18 months to pay off a balance transfer and just as much time to transfer over a balance to take advantage of 0% APR. However, you have to pay a fee for each transfer.
If you plan on using this as a balance transfer card, you should determine whether the you will save more money transferring your balance or keeping it on your existing credit card.