Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express®
Earn Up to 4X Points Per Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first 12 months. After that $99
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network American Express
- No foreign transaction fee
- Earn 4x points on restaurant purchases and 3x points on airline purchases
- 10,000 bonus points when you spend $1,00 in the first 3 months
- No annual fee for the first year
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the transfer amount, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first 12 months. After that $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $35
- Spend $1,000 or more, get $200 back - Offer Expires on March 01, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $200 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on March 02, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $500 or more, get $100 back - Offer Expires on April 02, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $149 or more, get $75 back - Offer Expires on September 02, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on October 02, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $20 back - Offer Expires on July 03, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card offers cardholders up to four points for every dollar they spend on purchases. Cardholders can also earn three points per dollar spent on airline purchases and 2 points for every dollar on gas purchases. BOK Financial also gives new account holders 10,000 bonus points.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a rewards card that earns them maximum points on dining
- Plan to spend at least $1,000 in the first 90 days of opening an account
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees when using their card abroad
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee for the first year
BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card Review
The Premier Rewards American Express® Card from BOK Financial is this bank’s offers some of the most generous benefits packages in BOK’s collection of credit cards. It features a tiered points system that rewards cardholders with 4x points on dining purchases.
Cardholders also earn multiple points for each dollar spent in different purchase categories, like airfares and gas. New cardholders can earn 10,000 bonus points when they spend $1,000 in the first 90 days of opening an account.
These are just some of the perks of this credit card. Keep reading to learn more about BOK Financial’s most elite card.
Foodies Earn More Rewards
The BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card can be an ideal credit card for people who love to dine out. Cardholders earn four points for every dollar they spend at restaurants.
There are certain careers that require people to go out to eat often. If you are a restaurant critic, for example, a huge part of your expenses involves purchasing meals. While you might already deduct these expenses from your taxes, it can be nice to earn a little bit extra on something you already have to do for work.
3x Points on Airline Purchases
Eating out is a big part of traveling, and BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card doubly rewards you when you go on a trip. On top of earning 4x points on dining purchases, you also earn three points for every airline purchase you make.
You also don’t have to worry about foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad with this credit card. In short, you can rack up a lot of points on a single vacation without having to pay extra fees. If you rent a car during your trip, you also have opportunities to earn more points, as outlined below.
Earn Points on Gas Purchases & Everything Else
When you have a BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card, you can earn two points for every dollar you spend on gas purchases. If you combine this feature with the extra points you earn on dining and airline purchases, this is almost an ideal card for travelers.
What’s great about this card is that you can still earn points at a one-to-one rate on all other purchases. This means that when you use your Premier Amex to pay for things that aren’t restaurant bills, airfares, or gas you will earn one point for each dollar you spend.
There is no limit to the rewards points you can earn on the BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card. However, you only have five years to redeem your points before they expire.
You can redeem your BOK Premier Rewards Amex points for merchandise or gift cards through the rewards catalog. Unfortunately, BOK Financial does not make its rewards catalog public to non-cardholders.
This can make it frustrating to determine how many points you need to earn to get a reward and what rewards are available. Nevertheless, BOK Financial is transparent on the value of rewards points when you want to convert them to cash back.
You can convert 2,500 rewards points to $25 in cash back. This card only issues cash rewards in $25 increments, so you cannot redeem less than 2,500. Similarly, if you have earned 7,000 points, you will only be able to redeem 5,000 for a $50 reward. The remaining points will remain on your account.
How Much Cash Back Can You Earn?
Going out to eat can be an expensive affair, especially if it’s a sit-down dinner. If you are a big-time foodie, some meals can cost you hundreds of dollars just for yourself. A meal at Eleven Madison Park in New York City, for example, is a dream for many foodies. The tasting menu – the restaurant’s only dining option – will set you back $335 per person at this 3 Michelin star restaurant.
You can earn over 1,300 points for this meal, which has a cash value of $13. If you buy a $300 airline ticket to New York, that’s another 900 points. And if you grab some bagels, enjoy a pizza, and book a hotel, you can easily earn $25 on a single trip.
Earn 10,000 Bonus Points
The BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card also offers new cardholders the chance to earn 10,000 extra points when they sign up for this card. All you have to do is spend at least $1,000 with your new card within 90 days of opening an account.
What’s great is that you will earn these points on top of whatever points you would normally earn on your purchases. If you spend $1,000 on dining in three months, you will basically be earning 14,000 points that you can convert to $125.
Additional Cardholder Perks
The Premier Rewards American Express® Card from BOK Financial has a few additional perks that American Express extends to cardholders. Perhaps the biggest perk of this card is that cardholders get reimbursed when they apply for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check.
These are both special travel credentials that can expedite you through immigration and security. Global Entry costs $100 for a five-year credential, so having your credit card reimburse you for this expense is a significant savings.
The travel benefits don’t end there, though. Cardholders also have access to Amex’s luxury hotel program which provides them with free amenities at over 1,000 hotels around the world. You can also take advantage of travel inconvenience insurance in case you lose your luggage or experience a cancellation or delay in your travel plans.
Keep in mind that these additional American Express benefits do not apply to BOK Financial’s other American Express Card. In addition to all these benefits, new cardholders also don’t have to pay an annual fee for the first year that they have this credit card.
Should You Apply BOK Financial Premier Rewards American Express® Card
This premier American Express card from BOK Financial is an ideal credit card for consumers who are looking to get the most rewards out of their credit card. The interest rates are almost identical to the Cash Rewards Amex, which doesn’t offer all these great perks.
There is an annual fee to use this credit card, but it is minimal considering all the benefits you get from it. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about paying an annual fee for your first year.
This credit card is a great match for people who love to travel and dine out. You will get the most value from this card on dining and air travel. If you’re not really the type of person who spends a lot of money at restaurants and rarely travels, then the benefits of this card might not be worth the annual fee.