Last updated on September 18th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Black Hills Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Rewards Card
Black Hills Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Rewards Card
- 11.90% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness Regular Purchase APR
- 11.90% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness Balance Transfer APR
- 11.90% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness Cash Advance APR
- 2.90% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Black Hills Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Rewards Card is the gold standard of personal credit card offers from BHFCU. Cardholders will benefit from a great rewards program that is coupled with exclusive Visa Signature® offers, along with a low (and extremely competitive) APR, no annual fees (a rarity for a rewards card of this caliber), a grace period on purchases, and much more. Save money, and earn rewards that can be redeemed for merchandise, travel, and so much more – even as you spend.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 1X point per $1 spent, redeemable for merchandise, travel or experience rewards
- 24-hour Visa Signature Concierge access to book travel, obtain tickets, make restaurant reservations, and more
- No annual fees, no balance transfer fees, no cash advance fees
- $25,000 Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, $1 Million Travel Accident Insurance
- Intro Purchase APR: 2.90% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.90% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 2.90% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.90% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR: 11.90% to 17.90% variable based on creditworthiness
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- You want a card with no annual fee, no balance transfer fee, and no cash advance fee
- You want to enjoy all of the VIP perks that accompany a Visa Signature® card
- You'll take advantage of a rewards program that earns you 1 point per $1 for everyday purchases
- You're looking for a card with an easy-to-use mobile app and 24/7 support
Black Hills Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Rewards Card Review
The Visa Signature® Rewards Card from Black Hills Federal Credit Union is a powerful tool for both earning rewards and saving money, when used responsibly; right off the bat, cardholders will notice that they can earn 1 point per $1 spent with this card on everyday purchases – and those points can be redeemed towards travel, experience rewards through ScoreCard Rewards, and even travel. A low, competitive APR that starts around 10% (depending on your credit score) sweetens the deal, since a low interest rate will allow you to save money when making large purchases or paying down existing debt. Whittling away at debt from other cards is easy with this credit card offer, since there is no balance transfer fee, either.
Folks who are approved for the Visa Signature® Rewards card from BHFCU will enjoy the extra perks from Visa Signature® that set this card apart from other card offers from this credit union. You’ll get exclusive access to offers for fine wine and food, sports and entertainment, and travel and shopping thanks to Signature Perks, as well as a 24-hour Visa Signature Concierge service to help book travel, obtain tickets, make restaurant reservations, and even help shop for gifts! Along with the Concierge service, you’ll realize rental car privileges, special guest status at more than 900 Visa Signature Luxury Hotel properties across the globe, and the well-rounded protection – at home and abroad – that Visa Signature has become known for.
Cardholders will enjoy extended warranty protection for purchases made with their new Black Hills Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Card, as well as fast and easy lost or stolen card reporting. Visa’s Zero Liability Policy means that you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions made with your new card, and in case of emergency, you can receive a wire cash transfer, as well as emergency card replacement. Additionally, when you use your card to rent a vehicle, you’ll receive built-in Auto Rental Coverage, ensuring that you’re covered up to $25,000 in the event of physical damage or theft to your rental vehicle. If you’re vacationing, you’ll be covered in the event of accidental death or dismemberment with a policy of up to $1 million thanks to Travel Accident Insurance.
Cardholders can also get Smart Travel Tips for when they’re traveling away from home base, as well as 24/7 account and card support thanks to a free mobile app that essentially turns your smartphone into an extension of a BHFCU branch. Online banking lets you manage your money whenever and wherever you’d like, and thanks to the CO-OP network that Black Hills Federal Credit Union is a part of, you’ll be able to withdraw money without paying a surcharge from over 30,000 ATMs across the country.
Should You Apply for the Black Hills Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Rewards Card?
The Black Hills Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Rewards Card offers an exceptional APR with no balance transfers fees no annual fees, and more. The card also earns an unlimited 1X points on all purchases, which is a great boost for Dakota residents that want a valuable rewards program, without the hassles.