| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
- 15.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 15.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The BECU Visa® is an enticing balance transfer and low APR card from Boeing Employees Credit Union. The card offers an impressive low APR, starting at around 9%. This great interest rate for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances is even better thanks to 0% intro APR for the first 12 months. The card also benefits from no fees of any kind, including no balance transfer, cash advance, or foreign transfer fees, or an annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Ideal for carrying a balance
- Great low APR
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 15.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- You do't want to pay additional fees on a card
- You want a great, low APR
- You already bank with BECU or meet the eligibility requirements
BECU Visa® Review
The BECU Visa® Card is balance transfer and low APR credit card from Boeing Employees Credit Union (BECU). BECU is a Pacific Northwest-based credit union that is open to new members who either live or work in Washington Sates, live in select counties in Oregon or Idaho, are a member of the University of Washington Alumni association, belong to the NW Credit Union Foundation, or are an employee of either Boeing or any other credit union. Because of the broad scope of BECU membership eligibility, it is one of the largest credit unions in the entire United States.
The BECU Visa®, as previously noted, is a great low APR and balance transfer credit card. The card boasts an impressive 0% introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months, followed by a tremendous low APR after that. Those with excellent credit scores can expect a typical APR starting at around 9%, which is well below the APR usually available form larger lenders and banks.
The BECU Visa® Card also benefits from a lack of fees – including hidden ones. The card features no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, no fees for balance transfers or cash advances, and no penalty APR. Hidden fees are a sneaky way many lenders like to rake in the profits at the cardholder’s expense, but fortunately, BECU doesn’t operate on these principles – instead offering low rates and high transparency.
BECU operates a program called “Loan Reprice,” which allows those who improve their credit scores through hard work and timely payments to receive a lower APR. This is an excellent feature – and one we wish many other lenders would consider implementing.
Should You Apply for the BECU Visa®?
Overall, the BECU Visa® is an excellent low APR card from BECU. While the card itself doesn’t offer any rewards, the low APR and lack of any fees make it a reliable option for those looking to consolidate their existing credit card balances or those considering making a big purchase in the near future.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.