Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard®
Reach More Destinations with 20,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 17.99% to 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $79
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3X points per $1 spent with Amtrak
- 2X points per $1 spent on other qualifying travel purchases
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual companion coupon ($300 value)
- Annual upgrade coupon ($150 value)
- 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when booking with points
- Earn 1,000 Tier Qualifying Points each time spending reaches $5,000
- 20% rebate on onboard food and beverage purchases
- One complimentary station lounge pass
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 17.99% to 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $79
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
At a Glance
For those who prefer to travel with Amtrak, the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® is a smart piece of plastic to have around, as it rewards card members early and often.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often
- Frequently make purchases with Amtrak
- Are looking for a travel credit card with no foreign transaction fees
- Wish to earn points through the Amtrak Guest Rewards® program
Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® Review
The Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® is a quality credit card from train-fanatics and commuters alike.
Introductory Bonus Offer
New Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® enjoy a complimentary Companion Coupon, One-Class Upgrade, and a Single-Visit Station Lounge Pass. Also, after spending at least $1,000 within the first 90 days of being a cardholder, they’ll earn a 20,000-point bonus redeemable via the Amtrak Guest Rewards® program.
How to Earn Points
While working towards reaching that $1,000 mark within the first three months, cardholders will also be accumulating additional points. For every dollar spent with Amtrak, cardholders earn three points, while other qualifying travel purchases earn 2X points. All other expenses net one point per dollar.
Amtrak Guest Rewards
The Amtrak Guest Rewards Card earns points towards the Amtrak Guest Rewards loyalty program. While that program might not be familiar with many, it offers significant value. Amtrak Guest Rewards points are among the most valuable rewards points, with a current value of approximately 2.5 cents per point.
The best option for redeeming points with the program is towards free travel on the Amtrak network. Points also apply for upgrades, services, and other options. Amtrak Rewards also transfer to a variety of other programs, including Choice Hotels, Hertz, Hilton Honors, and Wyndham Rewards. Cardholders also benefit from a 5% award travel rebate when they book their redemption travel through Amtrak.
Other Card Features
Other card features include no annual fee, Visa card protection, and free FICO Score alerts. Plus, cardholders can make purchases internationally or in foreign currencies without incurring any foreign transaction fees.
Should You Apply for the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard®?
Is the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® worth applying for? That depends on the travel preferences of the potential applicants. For those that love to ride the rails or those who use the Amtrak system to commute to work, the card offers exceptional value for money.
The card – and the Amtrak Guest Rewards program – provide value on everyday travel. The addition of 2X points on other travel-related purchases is another nice perk for those who want a card that gets them to their next free fare.
For those who don’t use the Amtrak system, however, there are many better offers available from Bank of America.