Sort By Column Name:
Showing 1 Cards
- Quarterly FICO® score is provided free of charge with monthly billing statement
- Ideal for consumers with less than perfect credit
- Free online account access
- Forget about late fees by enrolling in PREMIER Auto Pay
- Regular Purchase APR: 36%
- Cash Advance APR: 36%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $8 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $75-$125 the first year, depending on credit limit. After that, $45 to $49 depending on credit limit
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
Page 1 of 11
About First PREMIER Bank
First PREMIER Bank (sometimes stylized as 1st Premier Bank or First Premier Bankcard) is a leading credit card issuer and bank located in South Dakota. The bank, with its headquarters in Sioux City, SD, is the 13th largest issuer of Mastercard credit cards in the United States.
1st PREMIER Bank Products and Services
First PREMIER Bank specializes in offering credit building credit repair and credit products for subprime credit scores.
PREMIER Credit Manager
The PREMIER Credit Manager program allows those with less-than-perfect credit scores to actively monitor their credit every month. Enrolling in the program gives users access to their Experian credit report and VantageScore credit report twice a month.
PREMIER Credit Protection
PREMIER Credit Protection is another credit repair and protection service from 1st Premier Bank. This service pays the minimum monthly payment for those who opt-in with their 1st PREMIER credit card and suffer an eligible life event.
Eligible life events include:
- Involuntary Unemployment
- Unpaid Family Leave
- Loss of Life
Features of First PREMIER Credit Cards
1st Premier bank specializes in subprime and credit repair credit cards. As such, all First PREMIER Bank Cards are designed for those with bad credit scores or no credit history. Other features of First PREMIER Cards include:
- Annual Fees: First PREMIER credit cards come with an annual fee. These yearly charges range from $75 to $125 for the first year – and approximately $45 every year after that.
- Monthly Maintenance Fees: First PREMIER Bank may also charge a monthly fee for using your credit card. These fees may range from $6 to $10 per month, though some 1st Premier cards come with no monthly maintenance fees at all.
- High APR: Unsecured credit cards for bad credit don’t feature low interest rates – and 1st premier unsecured credit cards are no different. While the First PREMIER secured Card features a competitive APR (for a secured credit card), all other cards have a regular purchase APR in the mid-30s. That rate is among the highest APRs you can expect anywhere.
FAQs About First PREMIER Bank Credit Cards
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about First PREMIER Bank, and 1st Premier Bank credit cards:
What credit score do you need for a First PREMIER credit card?
- First PREMIER Bankcard specializes in subprime credit. Because of their bad credit focus, applicants with poor credit (a FICO Score below 650) can qualify for a credit card. Those with no credit score can also get the First PREMIER secured credit card.
Can I use my First PREMIER Card at Walmart?
- Since 1ST premier CREDIT CARDS ARE Mastercard products, you can sue them anywhere in the world Mastercard is accepted.
What fees does First PREMIER charge?
- First PREMIER Bank charges fees for the following: annual fees, monthly fees, application processing fees, foreign transaction fees, and more.
Does First PREMIER offer a business credit card?
- While First PREMIER does not offer business credit cards; it does offer a business line of credit.
Other Options to Consider
Not sure if a 1st PREMIER Bankcard is right for you? Fortunately, there are many great credit cards for people with bad credit on the market today.
The Reflex Mastercard is another popular option for those with bad credit scores. The Reflex Card comes with a decent initial credit limit of $500. Also, Reflex may increase the user’s credit limit to up to $750 after six months, should they pay their bills on time, and demonstrate financial responsibility.
- See if you’re Pre-Qualified with no impact to your credit score
- Free access to your Vantage 3.0 score from TransUnion* (When you sign up for e-statements)
- Monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus
- Use your card at locations everywhere Mastercard® is accepted
- Regular Purchase APR: See Terms*
- Cash Advance APR: See Terms*
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: See Terms*
- Annual Fee: See Terms*
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See Terms*
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms*
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms*
Other popular unsecured cards for bad credit include the Milestone Gold Mastercard, the Indigo Platinum Mastercard, and the First Access Solid Black Visa. These cards all offer reasonable credit limits, the chance at limit increases with on-time payments, and all the benefits that come with Visa or Mastercard products.
The OpenSky Secured Visa from Capital Bank is one of the most popular secured cards on the market today – and may offer better value than the First PREMIER secured card.
The OpenSky is an excellent option for those with bad credit (or no credit) as it requires no credit check and a simple, quick application process. Not only that, but Capital Bank provides an impressive knowledge base of information to help users establish a strong credit history.
- Build credit with on-time payments
- Reports to the three leading credit bureaus
- Credit limist between $200 and $3,000
- Visa benefits and protections
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.39% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 17.39% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $6 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Annual Fee: $35
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Minimum Deposit Required: $200
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
For more information credit cards for people with bad credit, or those with no credit history at all, please visit our dedicated card listing and resources pages: