Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card
Receive a Free Realtree™ Cap with Your First Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and rideshare purchases
- Earn 2% cash back on dining and gas, and 1% on everything else
- Enjoy reduced intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 6 months
- Receive a free Realtree™ cap with your first purchase
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars; 2% of the transaction amount in other currencies
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card is a cash back credit card that awards cardholders with 3% cash back on purchases at coffee shops, fast food restaurants, and through ridesharing services. This Visa card also earns cardholders 2% cash back on gas and restaurant purchases, as well as 1% cash back on everything else. What’s more, new cardholders can take advantage of a reduced APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers. This card features no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are fans of Whitetails Unlimited and want to earn a free Realtree™ cap with their first purchase
- Spend a lot on fast food restaurants, coffee shops, and rideshare services and want to earn 3% cash back on those purchases
- Want to earn 2% cash back on dining and gas, and 1% cash back on everything else
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want to take advantage of a reduced APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card Review
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card is a rewards card that features the logo of Whitetails Unlimited. This is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to whitetail dear conservation. At the same time, this organization promotes responsible dear hunting in the United States.
However, the Whitetails Card doesn’t directly support the organization. Your purchases don’t contribute to the organization’s operations. The only direct benefit you get from Whitetails Unlimited is receiving a free exclusive camouflage cap after your first purchase.
As a rewards card, this card earns you 3% cash back on certain purchases. These include purchases of fast food, coffee, and rideshare services. However, there are some restrictions on how these purchases can earn you points.
Furthermore, this credit card earns you 2% cash back on dining and gas purchases. Additionally, you’ll earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Aside from earning cash back, this card offers a reduced introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for six months. This card doesn’t feature an annual fee, which is perhaps one of the better features of this card. Keep reading to learn more about the features of this credit card.
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card advertises that it earns cardholders cash back. However, that’s somewhat misleading. In fact, you earn points for your purchases, which you can redeem for cash back. There’s more information on redeeming points in the next section.
Essentially, the percentage of cash back you earn is equal to the number of points you earn for each dollar you spend. As such, 3% cash back really means earning three points for every dollar you spend.
This rewards card features a tiered points system. This means that you earn different amounts of points for different types of purchases. Now, there is an important detail you must remember when you try to earn points with this card.
You don’t earn certain amounts of points for the kinds of purchases you make. Rather, this card awards you different point amounts depending on where you make the purchases.
You’ll earn 3 points for every dollar you spend at fast food restaurants, coffee shops, and through ridesharing services. This means you may not earn 3 points if you buy fast food at a restaurant that is not categorized as a fast food restaurant. In short, you’ll earn 3 points per dollar at McDonald’s, but you may not earn that if you order a burger a sit-down restaurant.
Below the 3-point spending category, you can earn 2 points for every dollar you spend at gas stations and restaurants. Again, the place you make the purchase must be categorized as a gas station or a restaurant.
You may not earn two points per dollar spent at gas stations within wholesale clubs or supermarkets. If you like getting gas at these places, call Commerce bank to see whether they fall within the correct category.
Redeeming Points with the Whitetails Unlimited Visa®
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card provides cardholders with a variety of ways they can redeem their points. You can log into the Commerce Bank Rewards website to browse the different types of prizes you can obtain with your points.
What’s great about this rewards program is that the rewards catalog is public, and anyone can view it. Believe it or not, this is not often the case with most credit cards, which have secret catalogs for members’ eyes only.
The only downside of this rewards program is that you cannot view how many points you need to obtain an item. This makes it difficult to determine what the value of your points is for obtain anything other than cash back.
Speaking of cash back, the redemption rate is pretty straightforward. Three points for every dollar you spend is the equivalent of 3% cash back. Now, you don’t have options when it comes to how you receive your cash back. Commerce Bank only issues cash back as a statement credit. The minimum number of points you can redeem for cash back is 2,500.
Other redemption options include airline tickets, gift cards, and fuel discounts.
Reduced APR for Purchases
Another benefit of the Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card is that it offers new cardholders a reduced APR on purchases. For six months after signing up for this card, you can enjoy a very low APR on anything you purchase.
This feature can be beneficial to consumers who need to finance a large purchase and pay it off over time. However, you need to make sure that the purchase amount is small enough to allow you to make minimum monthly payments.
The regular APR for this card isn’t very competitive. And once the six-month period is up, any remaining balance will automatically accrue the regular purchase interest. As such, you should have your exact purchase in mind before you apply for this card. That way, you can maximize the time you have to pay it off.
Reduced APR for Balance Transfers
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card also offers a promotional APR for balance transfers. This introductory interest rate is the same as it is for purchases. As well, the promotion also lasts for six months from the date that you open an account.
However, this Visa Card’s introductory APR may not offer as much value to cardholders. Six months is a very limited amount of time to pay off a large credit card balance. As such, you may not be able to transfer over an entire balance but rather part of a balance. This can still help you out financially, though.
In addition, you have to pay a relatively high fee to transfer over a balance. If you want to transfer over a $3,000 balance, for instance, you’ll end up paying $150 in fees.
Should You Apply for the Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card?
If you want to show off your support for Whitetails Unlimited, this may be an appealing card for you. However, keep in mind that owning this card doesn’t benefit the organization monetarily. If anything, it just gives them more exposure.
The points system on this card may not suit supporters of this wildlife and hunting organization, either. You won’t earn any special points for the purchase of equipment, for instance. Earning 3% cash back on ridesharing services may only benefit those who live in dense urban areas.
The introductory APR offers are mediocre, at best. If you are looking for a balance transfer card, you may find better deals elsewhere. Even if you want an interest break on purchases, many credit cards offer 0% APR for 12 months or longer to new cardholders.