| Last updated on December 12th, 2023
Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card
Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card
- 20.49% to 30.49% of all your purchases is donated¹ to your chosen nonprofit(s) Regular Purchase APR
- 20.49% to 30.24% of all your purchases is donated¹ to your chosen nonprofit(s) Balance Transfer APR
- 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card is a cash back credit card that awards cardholders with 3% cash back on purchases at coffee shops, fast food restaurants, and through ridesharing services. This Visa card also earns cardholders 2% cash back on gas and restaurant purchases, as well as 1% cash back on everything else. What’s more, new cardholders can take advantage of a reduced APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers. This card features no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- Earn 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and rideshare purchases
- Earn 2% cash back on dining and gas, and 1% on everything else
- Enjoy reduced intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 6 months
- Receive a free Realtree™ cap with your first purchase
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.49% to 30.49% of all your purchases is donated¹ to your chosen nonprofit(s)
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.49% to 30.24% of all your purchases is donated¹ to your chosen nonprofit(s)
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 32.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars; 2% of the transaction amount in other currencies
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You're a fan of Whitetails Unlimited and want to earn a free Realtree™ cap with your first purchase
- You spend frequently on fast food restaurants, coffee shops, and rideshare services and want to earn 3% cash back on those purchases
- You want to earn 2% cash back on dining and gas, and 1% cash back on everything else
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
- You want to take advantage of a reduced APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card Review
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card is a rewards card that features the logo of Whitetails Unlimited. This is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to whitetail deer conservation. At the same time, the organization promotes responsible deer hunting in the United States.
However, the Whitetails Card doesn’t directly support the organization. Your purchases don’t contribute to the organization’s operations. The only direct benefit you get from Whitetails Unlimited is a free exclusive camouflage cap after your first purchase.
Free Camo Hat with First Purchase
The Whitetails Unlimited Card comes with a very attainable welcome offer. New accounts get an exclusive Realtree camo/blaze contrast cap after making their first purchase with the card. A free hat isn’t 75,000 miles or lounge access, but those impressive bonuses require major spending minimums. With Whitetail, buy a pack of gum and you’ll get a free hat – it’s just that easy.
1.99% Introductory APR
The Whitetails Visa also features a unique introductory bonus APR period of 1.99% for the first six billing cycles after opening an account. This bonus interest rate applies to balance transfers and purchases. This introductory APR will help people who hold debt on another credit card pay it down without accruing significantly higher interest charges. Although 1.99% is higher than 0%, this is still a competitive introductory APR compared to the standard interest rate that applies to an existing balance on another card.
Earn Rewards on a Variety of Bonus Categories
As a rewards card, The Whitetail Visa card earns you 3% cash back on certain purchases. These include categories that you might not consider applicable to outdoor life, conservation, or anything like that. The card earns up to 3% back in the following categories:
|3% cash back on Streaming, Cable and Ridesharing
|When card is used for purchases in the streaming, cable or the ridesharing and taxis categories, including: Cable, Satellite & Other Pay TV/Radio;Record Shops; Digital Goods; and Amazon Services. The cable category does not include Google Fiber. Merchants self-select category, so not all merchants will earn additional bonus – notable exclusions include Amazon Streaming, Pandora and YouTube Music/TV.
|2% cash back on Gas, Restaurants, Fast Food
|When card is used for purchases in the service station or automated fuel dispensers, restaurant, fast food restaurant, and drinking places categories.
|1% cash back on All Other Purchases
|When card is used to make purchases in any other category. Merchants self-select category, so not all merchants will earn additional bonus.
How to Redeem Points
The Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card provides cardholders with a variety of ways they can redeem their points:
|Redeem Commerce Bank rewards for:
What’s great about this rewards program is that the rewards catalog is public, and anyone can view it. Believe it or not, this is not often the case with most credit cards, which only have secret catalogs for members’ eyes. The only downside of this rewards program is that you cannot view how many points you need to obtain an item. This makes it difficult to determine the value of your points to obtain anything other than cash back.
Speaking of cash back, the redemption rate is pretty straightforward. Three points for every dollar you spend equals 3% cash back. Now, you don’t have options regarding how you receive your cash back. Commerce Bank only issues cash back as a statement credit. The minimum number of points you can redeem for cash back is 2,500. Other redemption options include airline tickets, gift cards, and fuel discounts.
The FLW Visa also features Visa Platinum protections and benefits, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
Commerce Bank Ratings
What’s it like to live with Commerce Bank as a credit card issuer and bank? Here is a selection of reviews for the Midwestern bank:
Should You Apply for the Whitetails Unlimited Visa® Rewards Card?
If you want to show off your support for Whitetails Unlimited, this may be an appealing card for you. However, remember that owning this card doesn’t benefit the organization monetarily. If anything, it just gives them more exposure.
The points system on this card may not suit supporters of this wildlife and hunting organization, either. You won’t earn any special points for the purchase of equipment, for instance. Earning 3% cash back on ridesharing services may only benefit those who live in dense urban areas.
The introductory APR offers are mediocre, at best. You may find better deals elsewhere if you are looking for a balance transfer card. Even if you want an interest break on purchases, many credit cards offer 0% APR for 12 months or longer to new cardholders.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.