Last updated on July 18th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard
University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard
- 15.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 15.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Spend your points on Travel, Gift Cards, Shopping or CASH BACK
- No annual fee
- No fee balance transfers or cash advances
- Intro balance transfers are 4.99% for the life of the balance transfer
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 15.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard is a straightforward rewards card that provides benefits for making everyday purchases. The card earns 2x points for purchases at gas stations, pharmacies, and grocery stores, and 1x points for everything else. New members also receive 2,500 points when they make $1,000 in purchases in the first three months. The card also benefits from an introductory APR of 3.99% for 6 months on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, and highly competitive typical rate after that.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a member of the University Credit Union or live in South Florida
- Want a card with an exceptionally low APR
- Don’t care for hidden fees
- Want a straight-forward credit card experience while still earning rewards
University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard Review
The University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard is a rewards credit card designed for everyday life. The card earns double points (2 points for every dollar spent) with purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and pharmacies, and single points for all other purchases made with the card. New cardholders also receive a bonus 2,500 points when they spend $1,000 or more within the first three months of opening their account.
Rewards earned through the CU Rewards program include a variety of exciting electronic products, home goods, personal accents, and jewelry pieces, and experiences. Members can also choose to receive their rewards as cashback or gift cards. The CU Rewards portal is perfect for students and professionals in South Florida, providing awards for the necessities they need to succeed.
What makes University Credit Union credit cards an excellent resource for South Floridians is the exceptional APR rates their products offer, and the University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard is no different. New account holders receive an outstanding introductory offer – 3.99% APR- for their first 6 months. This intro offer applies not only to balance transfers but also to purchases and cash advances – offering exceptional value right off the bat.
After the introductory APR window closes, however, cardholders can expect highly-competitive APR rates – even for those with less than perfect credit. The typical APR for cash advances, balance transfers, and purchases vary according to both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate, but typical rates fall within a range of around 12% to 17% APR.
Another great party trick of the University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard is its lack of hidden fees. Cardholders don’t have to worry about fees for cash advances or balance transfers, for example. Additionally, there are no annual fees, no penalty APR, and a very low foreign transaction fee of 1% of the transaction cost in U.S. Dollars.
Should You Apply for the University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard?
University Credit Union credit cards offer South Floridians serious value for money, and the University Credit Union Rewards Mastercard is no different. If you are a South Florida student or are looking for a credit union card that works for everyday life, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything better.