Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card
Earn 2.5% Cash Back on Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 20.24% to 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None the first year. After that, $99
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 2.5% cash back with no categories to keep track of
- Earn up to $250 in cash back per billing cycle
- Use this card with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- No foreign transaction fees
- $99 annual fee waived for the first year
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 20.24% to 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: None the first year. After that, $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card offers exceptional cash back rewards, premium travel perks, and no foreign transaction fees. The card features an annual fee of $99, which Alliant waives for the first year.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have excellent credit
- Plan to spend heavily using their credit card
- Travel frequently
- Qualify for Alliant Credit Union membership
Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card Review
The Aliant Credit Union Visa Signature is an excellent cash back card that gives the major banks a run for their money.
Earn An Impressive Flat-Rate of Cash Back
There are plenty of great flat-rate cash back cards on the market today. There aren’t many that can provide the enormous cash back potential of the Alliant Cashback Visa Signature. The card earns an impressive 2.5% cash back on all eligible purchases – a full percentage-point higher than cards like the Chase Freedom Unlimited or Amex Cash Magnet.
As impressive as the 2.5% back on purchases is that Alliant only caps that rate after $10,000 in purchases per billing period. Few will realistically pass this monthly cap, but they’ll still earn $250 in cash back during that period, even if they do.
Excellent Credit Required
While the cash back potential with the Alliant Visa Signature is great – it isn’t for everyone. The card features a high credit score threshold for applicants. Only those with an excellent credit score in the mid-700s will find themselves approved.
Perfect for Travel
Since the Alliant Cashback Card is a Visa Signature product, cardholders will enjoy a plethora of Visa travel benefits. These travel perks and protections include travel and emergency assistance services, Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, access to Visa Luxury Hotel Collection, and Visa Signature concierge. Cardholders also don’t need to worry when using their card abroad, as there are no foreign transaction fees.
The Alliant Cashback Visa Signature features a highly competitive APR starting at around 12%. That rate is well below the national average for a rewards card, but not for similar products from other major credit unions. However, that point is likely irrelevant, as the cash back rewards and travel perks are tough to pass up.
Should You Apply for the Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card?
Overall, the Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card is an exceptional credit card that is something of a no-brainer – for a select few. The card is designed for high spenders with excellent credit – and those individuals will struggle to find a better offer on the market today.
Earning 2.5% back on up to $10,000 in purchases per month is an amazing value – even for a $99 annual fee (which Alliant waives for the first year). The addition of a very competent APR, no foreign transaction fees, and Visa Signature benefits are also excellent.
If your credit score meets the scrutiny, and you are an Alliant Credit Union member, the Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card is a can’t-miss offer.