Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on January 18th, 2022
Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card
Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card
Intro APR As Low As 0% for 12 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 13.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 22.24%-27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% to 5.99%, based on creditworthiness, for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Get an introductory APR as low as 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from the date of account opening
- Low standard APRs and generous credit lines
- No annual fee
- Earn 0.55% annual percentage yield with an Alliant savings account – 7X the national average
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% to 5.99%, based on creditworthiness, for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% to 5.99%, based on creditworthiness, for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 2% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24%-27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $27
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card from Alliant Credit Union is a quality of low APR that provides value in almost every instance. The low-rate card features a very competitive APR and a lengthy 0% APR period.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a no-nonsense credit card with an excellent APR
- Plan to pay down an existing balance
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card Review
The Aliant Visa Platinum Credit Card is a no-nonsense, no annual fee card from Alliant Credit Union.
Impressive Introductory Bonus
The Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card comes with an impressive introductory APR offer. New accounts also receive 0% intro APR for the first 12 months on both purchases and balance transfers. A full year of no interest charges on both these categories is a great bonus – especially for those looking to pay down an existing credit card balance or finance a significant purchase.
Varying APR Based On Credit Score
The typical interest rates with the Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card vary depending on which card you select: The card, being a credit union credit card, naturally features the lowest interest rates. The Platinum Visa provides those with the very best credit score an APR of around 10% – significantly lower than anything they can expect from a major bank.
Credit Union-Specific Perks
Credit unions are great because they offer member-oriented services not found with larger banks. Alliant members can enjoy debt protection benefits with the Visa credit card accounts, for instance. Debt protection may help cancel an outstanding credit card or loan balance in the event of death, disability, or involuntary employment.
Other Card Features
Beyond union-specific benefits, the Alliant Visa Platinum Card also enjoys the basic benefits of a Visa credit card. These benefits and protections include smart wallet compatibility (Apple Pay, Google Pay, and SamsungPay), Visa Purchase Alerts, Roadside Dispatch, Zero Fraud Liability, and more.
Should You Apply for the Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card?
Alliant members looking for a versatile low APR credit card will enjoy the Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card. The interest rates with the Rewards Card aren’t industry-leading, but they are very competitive. The addition of a lengthy 0% intro APR period on both purchases and balance transfers is also a nice touch.
Fortunately, those not interested in A no-nonsense card will love the low APR that comes from the Alliant Visa Platinum Credit Card. The card’s interest rates start as low as 10%, with the same 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for up to 12 months. Other low APR, 0% APR, and cards (that also offer credit line increases) include offers from major banks, such as the Chase Slate Edge.