Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 1st, 2021
TVACCU Visa Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 9.95%, 10.95%, 11.95%, 12.95%, or 13.95% variable based on your creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer APR 9.95%, 10.95%, 11.95%, 12.95%, or 13.95% variable based on your creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR 9.95%, 10.95%, 11.95%, 12.95%, or 13.95% variable based on your creditworthiness
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn a single UChoose Reward point for every dollar spent
- Low fixed rate APR
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.95%, 10.95%, 11.95%, 12.95%, or 13.95% variable based on your creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.95%, 10.95%, 11.95%, 12.95%, or 13.95% variable based on your creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR: 9.95%, 10.95%, 11.95%, 12.95%, or 13.95% variable based on your creditworthiness
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. Dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $100
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $30
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a GlanceThe TVACCU Visa Credit Card is a fixed-rate credit card that offers exceptionally low APR on every purchase, balance transfer or cash advance. The card, a product from TVA Community Credit Union in Muscle Shoals, Alabama (but with locations statewide), also earns a single point for every dollar spent in the UChoose Rewards Program, with redemption options including travel, gift cards, cash back, and more. The card has no annual fee and no fees for cash advances or balance transfers.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer a fixed-rate APR over a variable APR
- Want to earn rewards on every purchase, with various redemption options available
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Already bank with TVA Community Credit Union
TVACCU Visa Credit Card ReviewThe TVACCU Visa Credit Card is a low APR credit card from Alabama’s oldest credit union, TVA Community Credit Union. The card differs from many traditional credit cards, not in that it doesn’t charge an annual fee (which isn’t too uncommon), but it features a fixed APR for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, something much rarer in an unsecured card.
The Benefits of a Fixed APR Credit CardOne of the unique features of the TVACCU Visa Credit Card is the great fixed rate cardholders can enjoy. While the exact rate varied depending on the creditworthiness of each applicant, even those who receive the highest fixed APR will still enjoy an interest rate of almost 4% lower than the national average APR for credit cards. Those with excellent credit scores can expect an even better-fixed rate – nearly half of the national average of around 17%! A fixed-rate APR is a great perk because it means you don’t have to worry about fluctuations with the Prime Rate. The Prime Rate is the interest rate at which money is lent by the Federal Reserve, which has fluctuated several times recently. These changes can greatly affect the interest rates regular Americans pay on their credit card balances. With a fixed rate, however, you never need to worry about rate changes, instead enjoying a low APR all the time.
Earn Reward Points with Every PurchaseThe TVACCU Visa Credit Card earns a single reward point for every dollar spent on eligible net purchases. Points apply towards the UChoose Rewards Program, a rewards program that is a popular option with credit unions throughout the United States. UChoose Rewards can be redeemed for a wide variety of things, including:
- Cash Back: Receive your rewards as cash back in the form of a statement credit
- Gift Cards: There are a wide variety of gift card options to choose from, including major names in the restaurant, travel, and retail sectors.
- Travel: Use your points to book trips by purchasing airline tickets, cruises, rental cars, hotels, and more.
- Merchandise: The Rewards portal has a wide selection of merchandise to select from, including computers, televisions, video games, and more.