Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
Pick n' Save REWARDS World Mastercard
Earn $100 Statement Credit
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- Earn 5% Cash back on mobile wallet purchases for the first $3,000, then 1% thereafter
- Earn 3% Cash back on dining and fuel for the first $6,000, then 1% thereafter.
- Earn 2% Cash back Inside of our Stores
- Earn 1% Cash back Outside of our Stores
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each transfer or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 5% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Pick ‘n Save/Metro Market REWARDS Mastercard® offers Pick n’ Save, Metro Market, and Roundy’s fans the chance to earn rewards with every purchase. Cardholders earn 5% back on mobile wallet purchases, 2% back in-store at Kroger’s locations (including Pick n’ Save, Metro Market, and Copps), and 1% back on everything else. The card also features no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Love Pick n’ Save or Metro Market and live in the Wisconsin or Illinois area
- Frequently shop at any of the companies in the Kroger family of brands
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Pick ‘n Save/Metro Market REWARDS Mastercard® Review:
The Pick n’ Save REWARDS Mastercard from U.S. Bank (also known as the Pick n’ Save/ Metro Market REWARDS World Mastercard) allows cardholders to make purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide, and rewards them for everyday purchases.
The Pick n’ Save Card earns an impressive 5% cash back on the on mobile wallet purchases for the first $3,000, then 1% thereafter. In addition, cardholders earn 3% back on dining and fuel (also for the first $6,000/year, with 1% after that), 2% back in-store at any of Kroger’s Family of Brands and 1% back everywhere else.
Pick n’ Save is a proud member of the Kroger family of companies, meaning that this card is valuable anywhere in the country. The Kroger family of companies includes such names as Dillons, Ralph’s, Copps, Fred Meyer, Smith’s, and more, with locations spanning the nation – meaning cardholders can earn not only at Pick n Save, Copps, or Metro Market but any Kroger brand as well.
The ability to earn cash back towards free Pick ‘ Save groceries is a great perk with this card – and one that is certainly going to encourage a few new applicants. The inability to earn points on gas purchases, however, is a big letdown. Other Kroger cards, such as the Fred Meyer Rewards World Mastercard, allow cardholders to use points for gas savings; the inability to do so with the Pick n’ Save/ Metro Market Card is a big disappointment.
The card also comes with an introductory bonus offer that will surely please shoppers: new applicants receive a $100 statement credit when they use their Ralphs Rewards Card to make the first purchase. Since there is no minimum for the first purchase, this is essentially a statement credit with a value of as much as $49.99.
Should You Apply for the Pick n’ Save REWARDS World Mastercard?
Overall, the Pick n’ Save REWARDS Mastercard is a decent retail card from U.S. Bank that suffers from a serious flaw. While the ability to earn up to 5% back with all the Kroger brands is great, the lack of fuel redemption options for points is frustrating. Fortunately, for those who are seeking fuel savings in addition to earning points at their favorite Kroger supermarket, there are plenty of other options available – which also come with the added bonus of discounts on fuel.