| Last updated on October 23rd, 2023
OSCU Visa® Rewards
OSCU Visa® Rewards
- 14.50% to 25.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.50% to 25.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 14.50% to 25.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The OSCU Visa® Rewards Card is a no-nonsense reward card from Oregon State Credit Union. The card features a very competitive APR for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, as well as no hidden fees. Cardholders earn points for every purchase made with the OSCU Visa Rewards Card, points which are redeemable for flights, merchandise, gift cards, charitable donations, and more.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee depending upon your Member Merits category
- Earn points for every purchase
- Competitive APR
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.50% to 25.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.50% to 25.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: none
- Cash Advance APR: 14.50% to 25.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: Up to $25
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- You're already a member of Oregon State Credit Union
- You want to earn basic, hassle-free rewards for every purchase
- You don’t want to pay additional fees
- You want a highly competitive APR
OSCU Visa® Rewards Review
The OSCU Visa Rewards Card is a straightforward rewards credit card from Oregon State Credit Union. The card makes it easy for OSCU members to earn rewards points for every purchase. The card earns points towards airline tickets and travel rewards, for tickets to entertainment and sporting events, for merchandise, gift cards, or even towards charitable donations. There are no limits to the number of points a cardholder can earn – meaning the sky is the limit with the OSCU Visa Rewards Card.
While the rewards earning potential of the OSCU Visa Rewards Card isn’t a world-beater (there are many cards from larger lenders that offer more significant points for each dollar spent), the card excels with its hugely competitive APR for purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers. Those with an excellent credit score can expect a typical interest rate of about 11.5% with the OSCU Visa Rewards Card, which is an incredible value – especially given that similarly marketed cards from big lenders may have rates more than 2% higher on average – although the exact percentages will vary depending upon both creditworthiness and the current Prime Rate.
As with other credit union credit cards, the OSCU Visa Rewards Card also benefits from a lack of hidden fees. OSCU Visa Rewards Cardholders won’t have to pay fees for balance transfers or cash advances, or instance, and while the card has an entry-level annual fee of $25, for those who are in the higher tiers of OSCU’s Member Merits program, that yearly fee is waived (or significantly reduced).
Should You Apply for the OSCU Visa® Rewards?
Overall, the OSCU Visa Rewards Card might not be the most exciting credit card available today, but for the OSCU member that wants a basic rewards program with the added benefit of excellent rates, it’s a reward credit card that should be carefully considered.
Browse Other Oregon State CU Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.