Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 7th, 2021
OSCU Visa Value
Enjoy Excellent Interest Rates
- Regular Purchase APR 6.75% to 16.75% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 6.75% to 16.75% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 6.75% to 16.75% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Competitive APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances
- No balance transfer fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 6.75% to 16.75% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 6.75% to 16.75% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $4
- Cash Advance APR: 6.75% to 16.75% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $25
At a Glance
The OSCU Visa Value Card is the ideal balance transfer and low APR credit card for members of the Oregon State Credit Union. The card features an exceptionally competitive typical APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances, making it perfect for those who either prefer to carry a balance on their cards or who are looking to consolidate existing debt into one easy to manage monthly payment. The card also benefits from no annual fees and no additional fees for conducting a balance transfer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with Oregon State Credit Union
- Prefer to carry a balance
- Want to finance a large purchase over several months
- Want a great APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances
OSCU Visa Value Review
If you are the type of person who likes to carry a balance on their credit card, the OSCU Visa Value Card may be the perfect card for you. The card, an offering from Oregon State Credit Union (OSCU), features a highly competitive APR for purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers. For those with excellent credit scores, they can expect interest rates of around 9%, though the exact amount may vary depending upon creditworthiness and the Prime Rate.
An APR of around 9% is the real selling point of the OSCU Visa Value Card, as this rate is something rarely sound from cards offered by the broader national and international lenders, who typically have interest rate percentages in the low teens. The OSCU Visa Value Card is, therefore, an excellent tool for those who are looking to finance a bigger purchase or consolidate existing credit card balances into one easy to manage payment. While carrying a balance with a credit card isn’t always the best idea, the OSCU Visa Value Card really helps to reduce the stress involved.
Like other offers from OSCU, the OSCU Visa Value Card doesn’t burden cardholders with hidden fees. Holders don’t have to worry about annual fees, for example. Additionally, they don’t need to fret about paying cash advance or balance transfer fees – though they will have to pay a small foreign transaction fee should they sue their OSCU Visa Value Card abroad.
Should You Apply for the OSCU Visa Value?
Ultimately, however, the OSCU Visa Value Card isn’t meant to be a travel card. Instead, it is a useful (and powerful) balance transfer and low APR credit card – and one that OSCU members should carefully consider.