Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 7th, 2021
NASCAR Credit Card
Earn 2% Cash Back at the NASCAR Store
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 17.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 to $95 for the first year; $0 to $99 after that
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 2% cash back on all purchases at the NASCAR Shop
- Earn 1% cash back on eligible purchases
- Recieve exclusive offers from NASCAR
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 17.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 8% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater, or $10 or 3% of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater, or $10 or 5% of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 to $95 for the first year; $0 to $99 after that
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Either $1 or 3% of each purchase in U.S. dollars, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The Credit One NASCAR Credit Card is a basic cash back card with a slight twist. The card earns 1% back on eligible purchases, with an additional 1% back when shopping for NASCAR merchandise – making it 2% cash back at the NASCAR Shop. The card is open to those rebuilding their credit scores, as well as to individuals with good to excellent scores, meaning it is designed with almost every NASCAR fan in mind.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are rebuilding their credit and want to earn cash back rewards
- Frequently make purchases at the NASCAR Shop
- Are a huge motor racing fan
NASCAR Credit Card from Credit One Bank Review
Stock car racing is one of the nation’s most popular sports, and the NASCAR Credit Card from Credit One Bank is not only the official card of the racing circuit but also a great way for NASCAR fans to show their pride with every purchase.
Designed for Almost Every Credit Score
Credit One Bank is an issuer that gears its credit card products, like the NASCAR Card, towards all credit types. This means that their cards are available not only to those with excellent or good credit scores, but also those who are actively rebuilding their credit score. This wide acceptance makes the NASCAR card perfect for almost any racing fan, though it is a particularly sound option for those with a fair credit score, as it can help them boost their score while earning rewards at the same time.
How to Earn Cash Back
The NASCAR Credit Card is similar to other Credit One cards in that it earns an unlimited 1% cash back on eligible purchases but differs in one key regard. Cardholders can also earn additional cash back on purchases made at NASCAR’s online shop.
Cardholders earn 1% back on eligible purchases, which Credit One defines as purchases in the following categories:
- Gas purchases
- Automotive purchases
Cardholders also earn 2% cash back on purchases at the NASCAR Shop, which features accessories, clothing, collectibles, and other merchandise.
How to Redeem Cash Back
Cash back rewards are automatically redeemed as a statement credit each billing period, which does take the worry out of how to redeem rewards but doesn’t allow for other methods of redemption, such as a cash back check, or towards a rewards program, as with variety when it comes to redeeming rewards is frustrating, but for those who a no-nonsense rewards other credit card issuers.
Beware of a Variable Annual Fee
Credit One credit card offers come in many shapes and sizes depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant, and the NASCAR Credit Card is no different. Depending on the credit score of the individual, the annual fee for the card can be as high as $99 per year or as low as no annual fee at all.
Other Card Features
Beyond the enhanced 2% cash back on NASCAR purchases, the credit card also comes with exclusive offers and track experiences for NASCAR fans, which is a nice bonus.
One peculiar thing about Credit One Bank Cards is they don’t allow holders to conduct balance transfers. This isn’t a bad thing, however, as the interest rates on these cards do not make them a recommended option for migrating and paying down existing debt.
Other notable protections and perks from the NASCAR Visa include:
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability to protect against unauthorized charges
- Free online access to your Experian credit score each month
- Online pre-qualify without harming your credit score
- Text and email alerts for fraudulent charges or suspicious activity
- Monthly credit reporting to the major credit bureaus
- Credit One Bank’s dedicated customer service hotline
- Foreign transaction fee of either $1 or 3% of the transaction cost in US dollars (whichever is greater)
- Credit One mobile app
Should You Apply for the Credit One NASCAR Credit Card?
The Credit One Bank NASCAR Credit Card is a decent cash back option for the stock car racing fan who wants to enjoy additional savings when buying merchandise of their favorite driver – all while boosting their credit score.
Unfortunately, it is only those individuals who will find any value in the card. The card doesn’t offer the type of rewards that those with an excellent credit score can get elsewhere. It also hinders many rebuilding their credit with a burdensome $99 annual fee ($95 for the first year). While this fee varies depending on creditworthiness, there are plenty of other cash back cards open to those with less than stellar credit – with dozens from larger issues and credit unions nationwide available on our site.