Last updated on February 22nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
NASA FCU Visa Star Trek™ Credit Card
NASA FCU Visa Star Trek™ Credit Card
- 14.4% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.4% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 16.4% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Visa Star Trek™ Credit Card is a geek-chic rewards credit card from NASA Federal Credit Union. The card offers 3x points on purchases at StarTrek.com, 2x points at gas stations, and 1x points for everything else. New accounts also receive a special introductory APR on balance transfers, as well as a cash back reward when they meet a minimum spend requirement within the first 90 days of opening an account. The Star Trek™ Visa also comes in four unique designs.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Show your Trekkie pride with every purchase - choose from 4 designs
- Earn $300 cash back when you spend $2,000 in the first 90 days
- 3X points on startrek.com purchases, 2X points on gas station purchases and 1 point for every other purchase.
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.4% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 8.4% to 17.99% variable on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.4% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 16.4% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 18%
- Annual Fee: $39
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You love the idea of banking with NASA
- You are a die-hard Trekkie and want to show your fandom
- You want to earn 2x points on gas station purchases
- You do't want to pay a fee for foreign transactions or balance transfers
NASA FCU Visa Star Trek™ Credit Card Review
The Visa Star Trek™ Credit Card is the perfect way for Trekkies everywhere to show their love for Sci-Fi while earning great rewards. Offered by Nasa Federal Credit Union, the Star Trek credit card shows Star Trek pride with four cool designs that are certain to be the envy of both family and friends. What are the designs, you ask? There is a stylish “captain’s card,” cards with the logos of Starfleet Command and United Federation of Planets, and a card for the Starfleet Academy.
NASA Federal Credit Union (NASA FCU), the cards’ issuer, Is the official bank of NASA employees, but that doesn’t mean membership is excluded for everyone but astronauts and mission control. Joining NASA FCU is as easy as becoming a member of the National Space Society, which using NASA FCU’s link is free for the first year (and $12 per year after that).
Earn Points On All Purchases
The NASA FCU Visa Star Trek™ Credit Card itself is just as impressive to Trekkies as the designs themselves. The card earns triple points (three points for every dollar spent) on StarTrek.com purchases, double points on gas station purchases, and a single point for every dollar spent on every other purchase made. Rewards points never expire and are redeemable towards exclusive Star Trek merch and experiences, travel, gift cards, and more.
Comeptitve Rates – and More
The Star Trek™ Visa features a competitive APR on both purchases and balance transfers, with rates for those with excellent credit well-below the typical rates with other rewards credit cards from larger banks. The card also benefits from an exclusive APR on balance transfers for the first 90-days, depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant. The card also boasts no foreign transaction fees and no balance transfer fees – all for an annual fee of $39.
Should You Apply for the Visa Star Trek™ Credit Card?
While there may be more impressive rewards credit cards from larger lenders, like Chase, Barclays, or Capital One, there aren’t many credit cards that offer the same “cool factor” as the NASA Star Trek Credit Card. Banking with NASA is cool enough, but adding an official Star Trek design to a NASA-branded credit card is enough to push the uniqueness of this card out of this world – to “where no man has gone before.”