Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 23rd, 2021
NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards
NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 17.49% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Flexible redemption options, including making deposits, paying down balances or redeeming for gift cards
- 24/7 emergency assistance, fraud protection and extended warranty coverage
- Great low APR
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 6.90% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 17.49% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 18%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card is a cash back rewards card that earns a solid 1.5% back with every purchase. Offered by NASA Federal Credit Union, the card is an excellent option for those who love all-things Space thanks to the option of joining the credit union for non-NASA employees. Cash back rewards earned with the card are applicable for a variety of uses, including statement credits, paying down balances, deposits for new accounts, and more. The card features no annual fee and charges no hidden fees for balance transfers or foreign transactions.
Apply for This Card If You:
- Already bank with NASA Federal or love space
- Want to earn 1.5% cash back for every purchase
- Hate paying an annual fee
- Want their choice of three cool NASA card designs
The NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card Review
The NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card is a reliable cash back rewards card with flexible rewards options from NASA Federal Credit Union. The card earns a flat-rate 1.5% cash back on every purchase, with cash back rewards applicable towards paying down account balances, statement credits, deposits, or even gift cards. The flexibility of the rewards with NASA Federal is excellent, providing members with a variety of options they typically wouldn’t expect from a cash back card.
As with other NASA Federal credit cards, the appeal of the NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card isn’t just in its cash back rewards, but also in the issuer itself. Banking with NASA is never “not cool,” and like other offers from NASA, applicants have the option of several card designs to choose from: including a space shuttle launch, an eclipse from space, or even a pretty cool image of a nebula – sure to be a talking point every time.
Joining NASA Federal is a lot easier than many other federal credit unions, which typically require members to be employed by a relevant agency, a retired employee, or a family member of an employee. With NASA FCU this is also the case, but space-lovers can join as well, simply by obtaining a membership in the National Space Society.
The NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card features a purchase and balance transfers APR, which is competitive with other cash back rewards cards. While the APR will vary depending on the creditworthiness of the applicant, those with excellent credit can expect a typical rate below the national average. The card also features no hidden fees, including no fees for balance transfers or foreign transactions.
Should You Apply for the NASA FCU Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card?
The Visa Platinum Cash Rewards Card from NASA FCU is a solid option for those who either already bank with NASA Federal, or want to impress their friends with a NASA-branded card while still earning solid cashback. The addition of no annual fee is another nice perk – and one that will likely increase the popularity of the card even more.