Last updated on February 22nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
NASA FCU Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards
NASA FCU Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards
- 14.40 to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.40% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 16.4% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
NASA FCU Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards Card is a no-nonsense rewards card that doesn’t charge an annual fee. The card, from NASA Federal Credit Union, offers a basic single point for every dollar spent, though some exceptions offer bonus points through local partners like Cici’s Italian restaurant. The card also features an excellent APR on purchases and balance transfers, plus an introductory APR on balance transfers for the first three months.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend
- Earn extra points at selected in-store and online merchants
- Redeem your points for merchandise, gift cards and more
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.40 to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 8.4% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.40% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 16.4% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 18%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You bank with NASA Federal Credit Union
- You don’t want to pay annual fees
- You don’t want a complicated and confusing rewards structure
The NASA FCU Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards Card Review
The NASA FCU Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards Card is a no-fuss, straight forward rewards card from NASA Federal Credit Union (NASA FCU). The card earns a single point for every dollar spent on purchases, as well as bonus points for purchases with select online and in-store retailers, with Ampre. Offers include Baskin Robbins, Cici’s, and more. Points in the Advantage Rewards program never expire and are redeemable for gift cards, merchandise, electronics, and more through the Advantage Rewards website.
As with other Visa credit card products from NASA FCU, the NASA Federal Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards Card features a very competitive APR for both purchases and balance transfers, including a special introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 90 days. While the rates vary according to both eh Prime Rate and the applicant’s creditworthiness, those with excellent credit scores can expect interest rates well below what they would typically expect from a larger national lender for a similarly positioned rewards credit card. The card also features no fees for balance transfers, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fee.
The NASA Federal Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards Card comes with security protections users have come to expect from Visa. These security features include comprehensive fraud protection from Visa’s Zero Fraud Liability Protection, 24/7 emergency assistance, extended warranty coverage, and online mobile banking through NASA Federal.
Should You Apply for the NASA FCU Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards Card?
Overall, the NASA Federal Visa Platinum Advantage Rewards Card is ideal for people who bank with NASA FCU and want a hassle-free rewards card. While there are better rewards cards available elsewhere, the lack of an annual fee, as well as no fees for balance transfers or foreign transactions, make this a reliable financial tool for everyday life.