Last updated on February 22nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
NASA FCU Visa Classic
NASA FCU Visa Classic
- 12.40% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness Regular Purchase APR
- 12.40% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness Balance Transfer APR
- 14.40% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The NASA FCU Visa Classic Credit Card is an unsecured credit-builder credit card from NASA Federal Credit Union. The card offers those with a fair credit history – or no credit history at all – the chance to boost their score with regular payments and good credit habits. Establishing good credit habits is made easier with the addition of real-time account management tools and online banking availability. The card charges no annual fee and no hidden fees for foreign transactions or balance transfers.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Fixed rate as low as 12.4% APR
- No annual fee
- No extra fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.40% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 6.9% to 17.99% variable on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.40% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR: 14.40% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 18%
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You're looking to improve your credit score and likely will qualify for an unsecured credit card
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You prefer your credit card with as few fees as possible
- You already bank with NASA FCU or have an affinity for space
The NASA FCU Visa Classic Credit Card Review
Establish a credit history or rebuilding damaged credit can be a daunting task. Fortunately, however, many credit unions make it easier, providing powerful tools to establish good credit habits. The NASA FCU Visa Classic Credit Card is one such credit building card. The card, offered by NASA Federal Credit Union, is not a secured card that requires a security deposit, but rather an unsecured credit card for those with a problematic credit history or no credit history at all.
Related Card: Destiny Mastercard
The NASA FCU Visa Classic Credit Card is great for those looking to establish a positive credit history through making regular payments and offers a very competitive APR on both balance transfers and purchases. While the APR for these transactions is much lower than you’d typically find from a credit builder card, paying the entire balance each month and avoiding any interest payments at all is a great habit to get into.
As with other credit cards from NASA Federal, the NASA FCU Visa Classic is more than just a credit-building tool. Banking with NASA is never “not cool,” and like other offers from NASA, applicants have the option of several card designs to choose from: including a space shuttle launch, an eclipse from space, or even a nebula scene.
Should You Apply for the NASA FCU Visa Classic Credit Card?
Overall, the NASA Federal Visa Classic Credit Card is an excellent credit-building option from NASA FCU. While an unsecured card is likely to be out of the reach for those with poor credit scores, for those with a fair credit score and those looking to establish a credit score (perhaps with a co-signer), the card is a practical, stylish, and effective way to blast your credit out of the atmosphere.