Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 19th, 2021
M&T Visa Signature Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for 12 months
- No annual fee, No foreign transaction fees
- 10,000 bonus points after $500 in purchases the first 90 days
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The M&T Visa Signature® Credit Card is a straightforward, no-nonsense, and no-frills cash rewards card. The card features no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, and an introductory APR of 0% for 12 months. Cardholders can also benefit from unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Apply for This Card If You:
- Want uncomplicated cash back rewards
- Plan to make $500 in purchases in the first 3 months of opening the account
- Want 0% introductory APR and a low APR after that
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
M&T Visa Signature Credit Card Review
The M&T Visa Signature Credit Card by from M&T Bank is an effective cash back rewards card. The card features no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S., as well as an introductory APR of 0% on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
Once the initial APR period ends, however, cardholders can expect better than average APR, depending both upon creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. For those with excellent credit, expect the APR to be around 11%.
The M&T Visa Signature Credit Card offers 1.5% cash back on every purchase, which puts it a step ahead of most cash back cards. Even better, there is no limit on how much cash back a cardholder can earn. New members can also earn 10,000 rewards points if they spend $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening an account.
M&T rewards points are earned with every single purchase made with the M&T Visa Signature® Credit Card and are applicable towards cash, online travel booking, gift cards, immersive experience packages, merchandise, and more.
Cardholders also benefit from Visa’s Signature® concierge service, which helps with travel planning, exclusive rental car booking privileges, and access to Visa Signature®’s Luxury Hotel Collection. Visa Signature® cardholders also get a variety of protections, including auto rental collision damage waivers, pay-per-use roadside assistance, 24/7 emergency, and travel assistance services, and more.
M&T cardholders can additionally benefit from M&T Assurance®, which provides comprehensive security and assistance for the prevention, detection, and resolution of any fraudulent activities on their card. These security features include 24/7 dedicated customer support, chip technology, and M&T alerts designed to provide instant notifications of any suspicious activities.
Should You Apply for the M&T Visa Signature Credit Card?
The M&T Visa Signature Credit Card is the pinnacle of the M&T Bank credit card lineup and it shows in every detail. The card offers the best of the M&T Visa nd Visa with Rewards and then some.
Cardholders enjoy an exceptionally low APR, 12 months of zero interest on both purchases and balance transfers, and an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Add to that Visa Signature perks and protection, no annual fees or foreign transaction fees, and a decent sign-up bonus, and you have the makings of a very good credit card, indeed.