Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 19th, 2021
M&T Visa Credit Card
M&T Visa Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 12.49 or 19.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.49 or 19.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.49% varies based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months after opening account
- Ability to pay with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay
- Low APR after 0% introductory period ends
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.49 or 19.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.49 or 19.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.49% varies based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The M&T Visa Credit Card from M&T Bank is ideal for those who want a hassle-free credit card with a low APR, the convenience of multiple payment options, and the security and global purchasing power for which Visa is renowned. The card features no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and an introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a straightforward card with no annual fee
- Are looking for the convenience to pay via multiple digital methods, including Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay
- Want a card with 0% introductory APR and a low APR after that
- Want peace of mind with your credit card’s security – especially when traveling abroad
M&T Visa Credit Card Review
The M&T Visa Credit Card is an uncomplicated offering from M&T Bank. The card features no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees on all purchases made abroad and a 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months after opening the account. Once the introductory purchase APR ends, cardholders can expect a competitive APR when matched up against comparable 0% initial APR cards.
M&T Visa Credit Card cardholders can benefit from M&T Assurance®, which provides comprehensive protection and assistance for the prevention, detection, and resolution of any fraudulent activities on their card. These security features include 24/7 dedicated customer support, chip technology, and M&T alerts designed to provide instant notifications in the event of any suspicious activities. This card works well for those who want a simple card with the purchasing power and global security of Visa.
M&T Bank strives to provide its customers with the convenience of multiple payment options. The bank allows customers to make credit card payments online with M&T Online Banking, Bill Pay, and Mobile Banking, through their dedicated app (available in the Apple App Store and Google Play), in person at any M&T Bank branch, or any M&T Bank ATM.
The card also benefits from worldwide acceptance thanks to the Visa network of merchants, as well as both chip and contactless technology. If mobile wallets are your preference, this card allows for digital payment through mobile apps, such as Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, or Samsung Pay. Moreover, the card is fully customizable – you can make the M&T Visa Credit Card a personal statement of your own unique style.
Should You Apply for the M&T Visa Credit Card?
Overall, the M&T Visa Credit Card is a decent credit card that lacks many of the perks that attract the eye of the credit card applicant. There are no points on offer, for instance.
Despite this shortcoming, the M&T Visa Credit Card provides a quality 12 months of 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers – and an extremely competitive APR after that. It might not be the most eye-catching card on the market, but for the consumer who wants more from less, it is a great option to consider.