Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 24th, 2020
Mid Cities Platinum Visa Credit Card
Mid Cities Platinum Visa Credit Card
Low APR for Purchases and Cash Advances
- Regular Purchase APR 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Low APR for purchases and cash advances
- Credit limit up to $15,000
- No interest for 25 days
- Low minimum payments (just 3% of the outstanding balance)
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: See terms
- Cash Advance APR: 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3.0% of the amount of the cash advance, or $5, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 12.70% to 28.99%, based on creditworthiness
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See terms
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $7 each billing period for which the minimum monthly payment is not received by five (5) days after due date
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: See terms
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: See terms
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a GlanceThe Mid Cities Platinum Visa credit card from Mid Cities Credit Union is an easy-to-use, no-frills credit card with a competitively low APR and no annual fee. Sometimes known as Mid Cities Financial Credit Union, this financial institution was founded by a group of Compton teachers and has evolved into a credit union with two credit card offerings as well as loan, savings, and checking account services, and much more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live in the Southern California area
- Will use this credit card for everyday purchases to take advantage of its low interest rates
- Would like to save money by using a credit card that does not charge an annual fee
- Want a credit card that does not charge interest for the first 25 days
- Would like low minimum payments while carrying a balance on their credit card
Mid Cities Platinum Visa Credit Card ReviewThe Mid Cities Platinum Visa credit card is the first of two card offers from Mid Cities Credit Union, and it weighs in as an easy-to-use, convenient Visa card that is perfect for the person who wants to carry a balance and save money while doing so. Additional savings come into play thanks to no annual fee, no interest for the first 25 days, and – best of all – low minimum payments. Cardholders who will use this card to make big ticket purchases can feel comfortable with carrying a balance on their Platinum Visa Card thanks to low, extremely competitive interest rates. A credit limit of up to $15,000 will help make large purchases easy as well.
Mid Cities Platinum Visa and Low Minimum PaymentsThe Mid Cities Platinum Visa Card makes saving money a priority. In addition to low interest rates, cardholders who like to carry a monthly balance can take advantage of low minimum payments. Accounts that are not paid in full are only required to pay 3% of the total outstanding balance each month; while this means that paying down your balance may take longer if you only make minimum payments, it can help to save money in the long run, thanks to the low interest rates from Mid Cities Financial Credit Union.
Sprint Credit Union DiscountCredit Union members save thanks to Sprint’s Credit Union Member Discount Program. You’ll get a 10% discount on most Sprint monthly recurring charges, along with a waived application fee for new lines, a waived upgrade fee, discounts on phones and accessories, and national rates with no roaming or long-distance charges. These discounts are exclusive to credit union members.
Online BankingMid Cities Credit Union provides free and secure access to your credit card statements, as well as your banking accounts, via their website Available 24/7 when you log into your online banking account, cardholders can:
- View and track account balances
- Review account histories Stay up to date with deposits and withdrawals
- Make loan payments
- Save time (and postage) by paying their credit card bill using online bill pay