| Last updated on October 18th, 2023
Mid Cities Platinum Visa Credit Card
Mid Cities Platinum Visa Credit Card
- 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness, and variable with the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness, and variable with the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Mid Cities Platinum Visa credit card from Mid Cities Credit Union is an easy-to-use, no-frills credit card with a competitively low APR and no annual fee. Sometimes known as Mid Cities Financial Credit Union, this financial institution was founded by a group of Compton teachers and has evolved into a credit union with two credit card offerings as well as loan, savings, and checking account services, and much more.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- Low APR for purchases and cash advances
- Credit limit up to $15,000
- No interest for 25 days
- Low minimum payments (just 3% of the outstanding balance)
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness, and variable with the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: See terms
- Cash Advance APR: 8.70% to 23.99%, based on creditworthiness, and variable with the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3.0% of the amount of the cash advance, or $5, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 12.70% to 28.99%, based on creditworthiness
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See terms
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $7 each billing period for which the minimum monthly payment is not received by five (5) days after due date
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: See terms
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: See terms
- You live in the Southern California area
- You will use this credit card for everyday purchases to take advantage of its low interest rates
- You would like to save money by using a credit card that does not charge an annual fee
- You want a credit card that does not charge interest for the first 25 days
- You would like low minimum payments while carrying a balance on their credit card
Mid Cities Platinum Visa Credit Card Review
The Mid Cities Platinum Visa credit card is the first of two card offers from Mid Cities Credit Union, and it weighs in as an easy-to-use, convenient Visa card that is perfect for the person who wants to carry a balance and save money while doing so. Additional savings come into play thanks to no annual fee, no interest for the first 25 days, and – best of all – low minimum payments.
Cardholders who will use this card to make big ticket purchases can feel comfortable with carrying a balance on their Platinum Visa Card thanks to low, extremely competitive interest rates. A credit limit of up to $15,000 will help make large purchases easy as well.
Mid Cities Platinum Visa and Low Minimum Payments
The Mid Cities Platinum Visa Card makes saving money a priority. In addition to low interest rates, cardholders who like to carry a monthly balance can take advantage of low minimum payments. Accounts that are not paid in full are only required to pay 3% of the total outstanding balance each month; while this means that paying down your balance may take longer if you only make minimum payments, it can help to save money in the long run, thanks to the low interest rates from Mid Cities Financial Credit Union.
Sprint Credit Union Discount
Credit Union members save thanks to Sprint’s Credit Union Member Discount Program. You’ll get a 10% discount on most Sprint monthly recurring charges, along with a waived application fee for new lines, a waived upgrade fee, discounts on phones and accessories, and national rates with no roaming or long-distance charges. These discounts are exclusive to credit union members.
Mid Cities Credit Union provides free and secure access to your credit card statements, as well as your banking accounts, via their website Available 24/7 when you log into your online banking account, cardholders can:
- View and track account balances
- Review account histories Stay up to date with deposits and withdrawals
- Make loan payments
- Save time (and postage) by paying their credit card bill using online bill pay
Should You Apply for the Mid Cities Platinum Visa Credit Card from Mid Cities Credit Union?
The Mid Cities Platinum Visa card is a great card for saving money. Thanks to low interest, low monthly payments, no annual fee, and easy-to-use online banking, this credit card is a great choice for anyone who plans to carry a balance while making large purchases and building their credit.
Visa cards are accepted across the globe, and your Platinum Card from Mid Cities Credit Union is no exception. For those in the Southern California area, there are many financial institutions and credit card processing companies in Los Angeles to choose from – Mid Cities Credit Union’s credit card offers are simple, but attractive in their simplicity. For any Californian who is looking for a way to save their money while making large purchases with a credit card, the Mid Cities Platinum Visa is certainly worth considering.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.