Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 26th, 2021
HSBC Gold Mastercard® Credit Card
0% Intro APR for 18 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for the first 18 months from account opening
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Take advantage of 0% introductory APR for the first 18 months as a cardmember
- Travel prepared and with peace of mind thanks to MasterAssist® pre-planning and Master RoadAssist® Roadside Services
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Assurance® means you can shop with confidence
- Price protection refunds the difference if you see an item advertised for less within 60 days of purchase.
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 18 months from account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses – Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 – See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist’s star-studded fashion collection – Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras’ ghats, Sarnath, and more – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Get a glimpse into India’s history through the Gujarati thali – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
Please Note: This review is in the process of being updated by the BestCards team
At a Glance
The HSBC Gold Mastercard® credit card helps cardholders get their finances in order and offers some useful travel benefits. The 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers come in handy when trying to purchase a big-ticket item or pay down an existing balance.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want a card to help you finance a big-ticket purchase
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
HSBC Gold Mastercard® Credit Card Review
If a cardholder is looking for flexibility when it comes to making a large purchase or paying down a balance, they’ll surely find it with the HSBC Gold Mastercard® credit card. The 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers gives them ample time to manage their finances. They also don’t have to worry about an annual fee, nor do they have to pay any foreign transaction fees. Traveling with the HSBC Gold Mastercard® credit card has a few benefits. Cardholders in need of pre-trip planning assistance or help with lost luggage can take advantage of MasterAssist. In the event of a car breaking down while in the U.S. Master RoadAssist® Roadside Services will help get travelers back on the road. Cardholders will also be covered by a $1 million Travel Accident Insurance policy in the event of any dire circumstances.
Should You Apply for the HSBC Gold Mastercard®?
There are few more straightforward credit cards than the HSBC Gold Mastercard®. Sure, the card offers an excellent 0% introductory APR for 18 months on both purchases and balance transfers, but beyond that, there isn’t a whole lot worth noting. The card has a competitive, low APR, but not so low that it turns heads. It also benefits from no annual fee and no penalty fees, but many comparable low APR and balance transfer cards do the exact same thing.
Overall, the HSBC Gold Mastercard® won’t turn heads, but it shouldn’t anyways. It’s a valuable, unassuming credit card that serves its cardholders well.