Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 1st, 2021
HSBC Premier World Mastercard® Credit Card
Earn 35,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None for qualified Premier clients. For all others, $95. $95 fee waived for first year
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 2X points per dollar spent on travel purchases
- Earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Enjoy Uber and Lyft statement credits as well as a credit for TSA Prev®
- Earn 35,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points (worth at least $400 in air travel) after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: None for qualified Premier clients. For all others, $95. $95 fee waived for first year
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard® Credit Card is your ticket to traveling the world accompanied by a host of benefits one should expect from a travel rewards card. From its big introductory points offer to statement credits for travel expenses, it’s a well-rounded companion for your journeys.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have or plan to sign up for an HSBS Premier checking account
- Travel often enough to take advantage of travel statement credits and discounts
- Are looking for an upper-tier travel credit card with a suite of perks and coverage
- Want the flexibility to transfer earned points to another loyalty program
- Are looking for a generous sign-up bonus
HSBC Premier World Mastercard® Credit Card
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard® does a good job of offering pretty top-tier rewards without the high cost of a top-tier card. While you’ll be eligible for travel statement credits, discounts, and an impressive introductory offer, you won’t face any annual or foreign transaction fees. It’s a great card to pair with your HSBC Premier checking account in order to maximize this bank’s many customer benefits.
Make the Most of Your Travel Purchases
As soon as you open an account for the HSBC Premier World Mastercard® Credit Card you can begin earning rewards points, with 2 points awarded per dollar spent on travel purchases and 1 point per dollar earned on all other transactions. Plus, you can earn 35,000 bonus points if you spend at least $3,000 within the first three months from the date of account opening – that’s worth $400 in air travel alone.
In addition to flights, you can redeem your earned points on hotel reservations and car rentals. Flights redeemed through HSBC’s online travel site have no blackout dates or seat restrictions, and most major airlines are available for booking.
Your card can even take you a step further and allow you to transfer your points to HSBC’s participating list of airline partners. And as long as your account is open, your points earning is unlimited and points will not expire.
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard® Credit Card makes it easier to journey around the world with a host of travel perks, including:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Unlimited Wi-Fi access at hotspots all over the world with Boingo
- Baggage, trip cancellation, and car rental damage insurance
You’ll also get an $85 statement credit for TSA Pre√® every 4 years. This isn’t as flexible as some other travel rewards cards, which offer a statement credit for PreCheck or Global Entry. Still, it’s a valuable feature if you want to cut down on your time spent in the airport security line.
Extra Protections and Discounts
You won’t only get travel discounts with the HSBC Premier World – this card also includes a few everyday benefits as well. For one thing, it packs plenty of Mastercard features, such as ID theft protection, fraud expense reimbursement, and cell phone coverage when you pay the bill with your card. Other cool benefits include:
- Complimentary membership with ShopRunner
- Contactless Pay
Should You Apply for the HSBC Premier World Mastercard® Credit Card?
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard® Credit Card packs a whole slew of perks into one wallet-sized card. In fact, the lack of an annual fee is pretty mindblowing when you consider the value of all of these benefits together (particularly the PreCheck statement credit).
Of course, you need to have an HSBC Premier checking account to apply. An HSBC Premier “relationship” as the bank calls it, comes with a lot of its own perks though, which could make it worth the hassle of signing up for a new bank account.
The card also doesn’t offer the highest rewards rate around. However, if you’re able to earn the introductory offer, $400 in rewards is pretty substantial. Overall, it’s hard to knock the HSBC Premier World, particularly if you travel often enough to cash in on all the perks it has to offer.