| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
CCU Visa Signature Rewards
CCU Visa Signature Rewards
- 16.99% 27.70% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 16.99% 27.70% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 16.99% 27.70% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 365 days from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards is a very good rewards credit card from Consumers Credit Union. The card earns three points for every dollar spent at grocery or convenience stores, two points per dollar at gas stations, and a single point for all other purchases. Rewards points are applicable towards rewards such as travel, merchandise, gift cards, and more, though points expire after three years. There is no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 3X points for grocery and convenience store purchases
- 2X points on gas purchases
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Points expire every 5 years
- No annual fee
- Travel accident insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 365 days from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% 27.70% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 365 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% 27.70% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% 27.70% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $5 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- You already bank with Consumers Credit Union
- You want to earn triple points at grocery stores
- You want to earn double points for gas purchases
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
CCU Visa Signature Rewards Review
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards is a versatile reward credit card from Illinois-based credit union Consumers Credit Union. The card, a Visa Signature, offers excellent earning potential in categories cardholders use every day. Cardholders earn triple points (3 points for every dollar spent) on purchases made at grocery and convenience stores, for example. They also earn double points on gas purchases, while all other purchases made with the card earn a single point.
Points earned through Consumers’ 3-2-1 points pricing and the CURewards program are applicable towards redemptions such as travel (airfare, rental cars, hotels, and more), merchandise, gift cards, and other great rewards. The only negatives of the CCU Visa Signature Rewards rewards program are that triple points on groceries and convenience store purchases are capped at $6,000 per year and that CURewards points expire after only three years.
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards, like other Visa Signature cards, offers a wealth of protection, perks, and other benefits. Cardholders can expect access to Visa’s exclusive Luxury Hotel Collection, boasting over 900 properties worldwide, for example. Additionally, they have access to Visa’s 24/7 Concierge service, providing assistance with bookings at restaurants, sporting events, concerts, and more worldwide.
CCU Visa Signature Rewards cardholders can also expect comprehensive fraud and theft protection assistance and protections from Visa, as well as purchase protection, extended warranty protection, auto rental collision damage waivers, roadside assistance, and more.
Should You Apply for the CCU Visa Signature Rewards?
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards Card is a very good rewards card that Consumers Credit Union members should carefully consider. The addition of no annual fee and a good APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances make the card’s impressive points earning potential the perfect recipe for a daily credit card. information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Browse Other Card Offers from CCU:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.