Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 11th, 2021
CCU Visa Signature Rewards
Earn Up to 3X Points on Everyday Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 11.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 3X points for grocery and convenience store purchases
- 2X points on gas purchases
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Points expire every 5 years
- No annual fee
- Travel accident insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 8.74% to 19.74% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 11.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $5 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards is a very good rewards credit card from Consumers Credit Union. The card earns three points for every dollar spent at grocery or convenience stores, two points per dollar at gas stations, and a single point for all other purchases. Rewards points are applicable towards rewards such as travel, merchandise, gift cards, and more, though points expire after three years. There is no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with Consumers Credit Union
- Want to earn triple points at grocery stores
- Want to earn double points for gas purchases
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
CCU Visa Signature Rewards Review
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards is a versatile reward credit card from Illinois-based credit union Consumers Credit Union. The card, a Visa Signature, offers excellent earning potential in categories cardholders use every day. Cardholders earn triple points (3 points for every dollar spent) on purchases made at grocery and convenience stores, for example. They also earn double points on gas purchases, while all other purchases made with the card earn a single point.
Points earned through Consumers’ 3-2-1 points pricing and the CURewards program are applicable towards redemptions such as travel (airfare, rental cars, hotels, and more), merchandise, gift cards, and other great rewards. The only negatives of the CCU Visa Signature Rewards rewards program are that triple points on groceries and convenience store purchases are capped at $6,000 per year and that CURewards points expire after only three years.
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards, like other Visa Signature cards, offers a wealth of protection, perks, and other benefits. Cardholders can expect access to Visa’s exclusive Luxury Hotel Collection, boasting over 900 properties worldwide, for example. Additionally, they have access to Visa’s 24/7 Concierge service, providing assistance with bookings at restaurants, sporting events, concerts, and more worldwide.
CCU Visa Signature Rewards cardholders can also expect comprehensive fraud and theft protection assistance and protections from Visa, as well as purchase protection, extended warranty protection, auto rental collision damage waivers, roadside assistance, and more.
Should You Apply for the CCU Visa Signature Rewards?
The CCU Visa Signature Rewards Card is a very good rewards card that Consumers Credit Union members should carefully consider. The addition of no annual fee and a good APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances make the card’s impressive points earning potential the perfect recipe for a daily credit card. information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.