Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 10th, 2021
CAMPUS Visa Business Platinum Rewards
Earn 10,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 11.15% to 17.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.15% to 17.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 11.15% to 17.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent on purchases
- Receive 10,000 bonus points after making $500 in purchases in the first 90 days
- No balance transfer fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.15% to 17.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.15% to 17.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11.15% to 17.15% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The CAMPUS Visa Business Platinum Rewards Card features a generous introductory points bonus and a low, variable APR – all for no annual fee. The card, from Florida credit union CAMPUS USA, earns a single point for every dollar spent on purchases, with points applying towards rewards such as merchandise, gift cards, travel, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are members, or eligible to become members, of CAMPUS USA
- Want a simple rewards business card
- Plan to carry a balance and can benefit from a card with a low APR
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee or balance transfer fee
CAMPUS Visa Business Platinum Rewards Card Review
The CAMPUS Visa Business Platinum Rewards is an active business rewards credit card for companies in Central Florida.
The CAMPUS Rewards Program
The CAMPUS Visa Business Platinum Rewards Card earns a single point for every dollar spent, with points applicable towards the usual type of redemption options, including:
- Merchandise from leading brands and designers
- Gift cards
- Cash back in the form of statement credits
- Travel, including airfare, hotels, and rental cars
The earning rate with this card isn’t particularly exciting, but for companies that plan to use their card often, or even issue additional cards to employees, a single point for every dollar spent can quickly add up to an impressive point haul.
Introductory Bonus Points
The Platinum Business Rewards Card comes with a solid initial bonus of 10,000 rewards points after meeting minimum spending requirements in the first 90 days. The spending requirement to reach this bonus is the same as with the personal version of the Rewards Card, with companies only needing to make $500 in purchases within the first 90 days.
Spending what is $166 on purchases for each of the first three months is almost a certainty for most businesses, making this reward practically guaranteed. Since this bonus is practically assured for businesses, it is not particularly significant.
Credit union points have a value of about one cent per point, meaning this bonus offer has a rough cash value of about $100, which, while not bad, isn’t enough to set the world on fire. Fortunately, as mentioned this reward is a certainty for businesses, so it is free money.
A Decent Variable APR
The Business Platinum Rewards Card also features a competitive, variable APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. While the rate is not as low as what companies can expect from the Children’s Miracle Network Business Card, it is still highly competitive. Companies with excellent credit scores can expect a typical APR of around 12.5%, which is 2.5% lower than the national average APR for a business card – and this card features rewards as well!
Who Can Join CAMPUS USA?
CAMPUS USA membership is currently open to those who live in the following 12 counties:
- Alachua County
- Clay County
- Columbia County
- Gadsden County
- Jefferson County
- Lake County
- Leon County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- Sumter County
- Suwannee County
- Wakulla County
Membership is also available to those who are:
- An employee of the University of Florida or UF Health
- Members of the University of Florida Alumni Association
- Members of the Marion County Humane Society,
- Members of the Matheson Historical Society
- Belong to AAA South
- Immediate family of any of the individuals listed above
While employees with the University of Florida or UF Health may not be the intended targets for a business card, the card is a good choice for those who live within the counties that the credit union serves, members of the aforementioned societies, or existing UF employees that may have a side business, and want the purchase protections that come with a business Visa card.
The CAMPUS USA Business Card Application Process
As with other lenders, there are requirements businesses must meet before they can secure a loan, such as a business credit card, from CAMPUS USA Credit Union.
Applicants are required to have at least three years’ worth of tax returns for their business and must complete a financial statement before getting in touch with the credit union.
CAMPUS requires that any individual with at least 20% equity within the company applying for the loan product complete a personal statement form and provide at least three years of tax records.
Should You Apply for the CAMPUS Visa Business Platinum Rewards Card?
The CAMPUS Visa Business Platinum Rewards Card is a satisfactory rewards credit card that is boosted by it is variable APR and bonus points offer. The card earns one point for every dollar sent, with new accounts earning an extra 10,000 points (worth $100) when they use their new card to make $500 in purchases in the first 90 days.
The points earning potential of the card, as well as the intro bonus offer, are not massive, but they provide a steady amount of rewards for companies that use their card frequently or issue additional employee cards.
CAMPUS makes up for the average rewards program with a very competitive variable interest rate on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. The APR with this card is 2.5% lower than what a company would generally expect to receive from a larger lender, meaning they can worry less about carrying a balance – all while earning points on every purchase.