| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards for Business Credit Card
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards for Business Credit Card
- 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 9 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Get 3% cash back on gas, 2% cash back at restaurants and office supply stores, and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases
- 0% introductory annual percentage rate for 9 months on purchases
- Redeem your rewards into your BB&T business deposit account for an additional 10% bonus; Redeem your rewards for cash back, statement credits, gift cards, travel and more
- Get no-cost employee cards
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 9 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 21.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 25.15% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
If you often travel for work or have employees that do, the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business card offers a great way to earn miles and track your spending. Spend during travel and earn rewards, then redeem at your own accord.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want cards for themselves and their employees
- Want to earn miles during business travel and more
- Wish to track business spending for control over costs and budget
- Want a simple credit card for business travel and expenses
BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card Review
When traveling to meet clients or attend industry conferences, all it takes is one unexpected growth opportunity to throw your entire budget out the window. The BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card may just be your savior. The card brings added value for your business ventures through travel perks, bonus miles, and more.
Earn Miles for Business Travel
If you’re running a business and doing lots of travel for it, the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card can help maximize your rewards. While you take care of business, the credit card takes care of you. Earn up to 2x miles per dollar on your travel purchases and more. It includes 2x the miles for air travel, hotel, and car rentals. Plus, 1x mile on all other net qualified purchases.
With your earned miles, you’ll have the advantage of redeeming your rewards as you please. Enjoy the flexibility to redeem your miles for travel, cash back, statement credits, gift cards, and more. Use your reward where you need it most.
As an added incentive, business travelers will have the opportunity to earn a few extra miles when they open a new account. Earn 20,000 bonus miles for $2,000 spent in the first 90 days. That’s a $200 value that can go towards other business and travel expenses.
Furthermore, get no-cost employee cards as an extra feature. Many managers have reservations when considering issuing business credit cards to their employees but, the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card can give them peace of mind like few other cards can. Not only can you get employee cards at no extra cost, but the purchases made with each one of those cards can be monitored and managed online. Additionally, your employee cards will help rack up the miles when used for travel. Meaning if you’re issuing out a large number of employee cards, get ready to reap the rewards through the employee cards earned miles. An extra added incentive. Factor in a lack of foreign transaction fees and overdraft protection on up to two business deposit accounts, and you’ve got a tool in the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business to help your business prospects soar.
Alongside earning miles for business travel and expenses, the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card has further perks to offer. Save time and skip the long security lines at the airport before a flight with the included $85 TSA Pre✓® reimbursement. If your business requires international travel over domestic, opt-in for the Global Entry reimbursement instead. Up to $100 reimbursed for Global Entry giving you the benefit of simplified customs when entering the U.S. on a flight. Moreover, worry less about an overdraft fee with the included overdraft protection on up to two business deposit accounts. Lastly, the credit card annual fee gets waived the first year for some extra savings.
Should You Apply for the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card?
The BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card may not have all the bells and whistles. However, it does bring added value to people running a business who frequently travel. For a company that plans to issue multiple employee cards (and we mean dozens), the $49 annual fee – waived for the first year – makes sense. The potential to earn miles for business travel and other expenses, along with credits for TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, overdraft protection, and no foreign transaction fees, makes this credit card more versatile than what you see at the surface level. If a simple business travel card is what you’re looking for, the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards for Business Credit Card could be the card you’re in search of for your business.
Browse Other BB&T Credit Cards:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.