BB&T Bright Secured Credit Card
Build Credit with Everyday Purchases
- Build your credit as you pay for your purchases
- Earn cash back with BB&T Deals
- Earn interest on your security deposit in a BB&T Secured Credit Card Savings account
- Visa® Zero Liability unauthorized purchase protection
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $19
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Minimum Deposit Required: $400
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
If you’re interested in rebuilding your credit or establishing it in the first place, the BB&T Bright Secured Retail Credit Card is a great tool to help get your finances back on track. The card is an excellent resource for those who want to jump-start their credit, as well as those looking to establish credit for the first time.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have $400 for the minimum deposit
- Have bad credit or no credit and want to improve your rating with a low APR card
- Are interested in a suite of customizable account and credit monitoring features
- Want protection from unauthorized purchases if your identity or card is stolen
BB&T Bright Secured Credit Card Review
Signing up for a new credit card can be a frustrating experience, particularly if you have a history of missing monthly payments leading to lots of declined applications. You’ll likely have better luck with the BB&T Bright Secured Credit Card, as this low-interest card requires no credit to apply. You can use the card to establish responsible financial habits, which over time could improve your credit score.
Speaking of, the BB&T Bright Card empowers you with customizable account functions that do everything from tracking your spending to managing your receipts and sending alerts right to your mobile device. You can also monitor your credit with VantageScore®, provided by Equifax®, which provides regularly updated credit score reviews, and in turn, peace of mind.
Advice on Building Good Credit
To get the most out of this type of credit card, it’s best to use it with care. This means:
- Making payments on time each month. Payment history is the most important factor when it comes to your credit report, which means missed payments can really hurt your score.
- Paying off the entire balance in full. This frees up your credit line for the next month and thus keeps your credit utilization ratio down. Plus, you’ll avoid activating that high-interest rate.
- Using the card for smaller purchases. This will help you avoid maxing-out the credit line and make your payments easier to meet.
Should You Apply for the BB&T Bright Secured Visa Card?
Secured cards aren’t the most exciting cards on the market – and the BB&T Bright certainly fits this billing. The card is a decent secured credit card that is designed to help users build a positive credit history.
For those looking for rewards, the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Credit Card and Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured are two other quality options for bad credit scores.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?
For more information on bad credit or secured credit cards, visit our Comprehensive Secured Card Reference Page, featuring the best-secured card offers, detailed advice, and tips to help you build your credit history.