BB&T Bright Secured Credit Card
Build Credit with Everyday Purchases
- Build your credit as you pay for your purchases
- Earn cash back with BB&T Deals
- Earn interest on your security deposit in a BB&T Secured Credit Card Savings account
- Visa® Zero Liability unauthorized purchase protection
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $19
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Minimum Deposit Required: $400
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
If you’re interested in rebuilding your credit or establishing it in the first place, the BB&T Bright Secured Retail Credit Card is a great tool to help get your finances back on track. The card is an excellent resource for those who want to jump-start their credit, as well as those looking to establish credit for the first time.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have $400 for the minimum deposit
- Have bad credit or no credit and want to improve your rating with a low APR card
- Are interested in a suite of customizable account and credit monitoring features
- Want protection from unauthorized purchases if your identity or card is stolen
BB&T Bright Secured Credit Card Review
Signing up for a new credit card can be a frustrating experience, particularly if you have a history of missing monthly payments leading to lots of declined applications. You’ll likely have better luck with the BB&T Bright Secured Credit Card, as this low-interest card requires no credit to apply. You can use the card to establish responsible financial habits, which over time could improve your credit score.
Speaking of, the BB&T Bright Card empowers you with customizable account functions that do everything from tracking your spending to managing your receipts and sending alerts right to your mobile device. You can also monitor your credit with VantageScore®, provided by Equifax®, which provides regularly updated credit score reviews, and in turn, peace of mind.
Advice on Building Good Credit
To get the most out of this type of credit card, it’s best to use it with care. This means:
- Making payments on time each month. Payment history is the most important factor when it comes to your credit report, which means missed payments can really hurt your score.
- Paying off the entire balance in full. This frees up your credit line for the next month and thus keeps your credit utilization ratio down. Plus, you’ll avoid activating that high-interest rate.
- Using the card for smaller purchases. This will help you avoid maxing-out the credit line and make your payments easier to meet.
Should You Apply for the BB&T Bright Secured Visa Card?
Secured cards aren’t the most exciting cards on the market – and the BB&T Bright certainly fits this billing. The card is a decent secured credit card that is designed to help users build a positive credit history.
For those looking for rewards, the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Credit Card and Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured are two other quality options for bad credit scores.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?
For more information on bad credit or secured credit cards, visit our Comprehensive Secured Card Reference Page, featuring the best-secured card offers, detailed advice, and tips to help you build your credit history.