Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 3rd, 2021
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students
25,000 Bonus Points + Unlimited Earning
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Fair , No Credit Required
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 25,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within 90 days
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases
- Points never expire + no limits on earnings
- Access to FICO® Score (updated monthly)
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
At a Glance
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students is a go-to payment choice for shoppers who are both frequent jetsetters and enrolled in a learning institution.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a student traveling or studying abroad
- Want to start building a respectable credit score
- Want to earn rewards points for everyday purchases
- Are looking for a credit card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students Review
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students is an exceptional credit builder card for students seeking to establish credit through on-time p[ayments and responsible use.
With the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students, both undergraduates and graduates can benefit from a card with few restrictions and plenty of perks. Right from the start, applicants can earn 25,000 bonus rewards points, which is equal to $250.
It requires at least $1,000 to be spent in the first 90 days of opening an account – a tall order for those already juggling the costs of education – but if it can be managed, the 25,000 points are a welcome boost one’s growing reserve.
How to Earn – and Redeem- Rewards
Students also enjoy everyday value courtesy of 1.5X points per dollar spent on any purchase. Plus, points do not expire, so cardholders can cover textbooks, food, and extracurricular equipment with the Travel Rewards card and redeem those points at any time as long as their account is open.
Redeeming rewards is simple. Reward options include business or personal flight tickets, hotel bookings, and rental cars. Other options include statement credits, charitable donations, and gift cards.
Other Card Features
As the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students is a credit card intended for students, it conveniently provides you with a monthly FICO® score report so you can monitor your credit health and analyze the factors that influence it.
Other card features include:
- No annual fee
- EMV chip technology
- Contactless payment and digital wallet compatibility
- Overdraft protection with Bank of America checking accounts
Should You Apply for the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Student Card?
Building credit can be difficult, and this is especially true for students. Because students tend to have a limited credit history, they may feel they can’t qualify for non-secured credit cards. Fortunately, student cards like the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students provide a quality platform for college students that’s ant to build credit – but without the need for a deposit.
The 1.5X points on every purchase during the introductory period is a great feature. And, while that reward rate doesn’t last, any student card that offers points is a plus. The addition of no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees makes the card a great tool both on campus, or when studying abroad.
Overall, the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card for Students is a great option to consider, thanks to its decent rewards, lower credit score requirements, and lack of an annual fee.