Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Arvest Bank Visa® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR for 12 Months
- No annual fee
- Highest credit lines of cards offered by Arvest
- 25-day grace period on purchases
- Enroll in Arvest Flex Rewards at no additional cost
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for the first 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.4% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.4% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 12.4% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $4 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $20
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $25
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Arvest Bank Visa Platinum Card is a no-frills credit card that gives cardholders the option of earning rewards with every purchase. The card, a no annual fee card, also boasts Arvest’s lowest APR and highest credit limits.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Currently bank with Arvest Bank and enjoy their service
- Plan on paying down an existing credit card balance
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Arvest Bank Visa Platinum Card Review
The Arvest Bank Visa Platinum Card is a no annual fee card that offers the lowest APR available from Arvest Bank. Arvest Bank is one of the oldest banks in the United States, dating back to 1871. The bank services customers in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
The Lowest APR Available from Arvest
The Arvest Bank Visa Platinum offers the bank’s lowest interest rates. That rate is a full seven percentage points lower than what comes with the Arvest Visa Classic.
Unfortunately, however, the APR isn’t much lower than the national average low for similar cards. Arvest’s lowest rate is only about 0.25% lower than the average rate, but considerably higher than the rates found elsewhere. The PNC Core Visa, for example, features a regular APR that starts almost 2.5% lower than the Arvest Visa Platinum. Even some rewards cards, like the Discover It Chrome or the Capital One VentureOne, features interest rates starting almost half a percentage point than Arvest’s lowest rate.
Enjoy Zero-Interest for 12 Months
The average interest rates with the Arvest Bank Visa Platinum see some improvement thanks to 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers. Both interest-free periods extend for the first 12 months of the account, making the card a quality option for those who have an existing balance they want to pay down, or someone thinking about financing a large purchase.
The average APR is more appealing thanks to the one year on 0% intro APR. Paying down balances over the first 12 months without interest and then paying the remainder at a slightly-lower-than-average APR is an excellent option for those loyal to Arvest Bank.
Arvest Flex Rewards
All credit cards from Arvest Bank are eligible to join the Arvest Bank Flex Rewards Program. The program is entirely voluntary, letting cashiers decide if they want the simplicity of a basic credit card or the bonus of reward points. While opting-in is the best value, it’s still nice to have the option.
Joining the program is free, with no annual membership fees. Cardholders earn one point for every dollar spent. Points only come from the net purchase; credits and returns are not included. Purchases of lottery tickets, betting, or transfers are also not allowed. The program determines the point total of each purchase by rounding to the nearest dollar.
Points in the Flex Rewards program expire after three years. If the Arvest Bank credit card account closes, the account holder has 120 days to redeem their points. Redemption award options include cash back, statement credits, or travel.
Other Card Features
Other notable features with the Arvest Visa Platinum Card include a 25-day grace period on purchases and higher-than-average credit limits. The grace period is particularly useful, as it allows cardholders an element of breathing space to repay their purchases without having to worry about late fees or a penalty APR.
The card also features the typical Visa credit card perks, which include:
- Worldwide acceptance
- $300,000 travel accident insurance coverage
- Visa warranty manager
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Visa travel and emergency services
- Emergency card replacement
- Emergency cash disbursement.
Should You Apply for the Arvest Bank Visa Platinum Card?
Overall, the Arvest Bank Visa Platinum Card isn’t the most exciting credit card available, but it makes sense for those who currently bank with Arvest. The card’s APR isn’t spectacular, nor is the 05 intro APR period of 12 months. Neither of these perks on their own is better than offers found elsewhere from larger issuers.
Fortunately, however, the two work well together. This makes the card a decent option for those planning a large purchase or hoping to pay down an existing credit card balance. Obviously, these tasks are doable with a considerable number of credit cards, but those already banking with Arvest will likely enjoy the customer service and familiarity the bank offers them. For those individuals, the card makes perfect sense.
The addition of points via the Flex Rewards Program is another nice feature, adding some extra value to the card. Again, this isn’t a unique feature, but it does provide quality value every day.
The Arvest Bank Visa Platinum Card won’t change the way people view credit cards. It doesn’t offer nay advances people can’t find elsewhere. For Arvest customers in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma, however, it is a sensible card from a quality bank.