AmTrust 2% Cash Back Visa® Card
Unlimited 2% Cash Back Earning
- Regular Purchase APR 20.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 20.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 2% cash back (2 points) on every purchase
- Automatically redeem your rewards into your checking or savings account with ACH Deposit
- Cash Back rewards earned are good for 3 years
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The AmTrust 2% Cash Back Visa® Card truly lives up to its name. The card is a cash back rewards credit card that earns 2% back on all purchases. Reward options including statement credits, deposits to AmTrust or external bank accounts through ACH electronic payments, or for other rewards in the BucksBack Rewards program.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer cash back or statement credits over rewards points
- Want to transfer rewards to an external bank account
- Won’t carry a balance
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
AmTrust 2% Cash Back Visa® Card Review
The AmTrust 2% Cash Back Visa® is an impressive cash back credit card that does everything it sets out to – all for no annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
The AmTrust 2% Cash Back Visa states it earns 2% back on all purchases, which may also be accrued as points (at the same rate, 2X on all purchases). AmTrust has no cap on the total number of points cardholders can earn. The 2% back the card earns on every purchase makes it a challenger to the Citi Double Cash Card, which also earns 2% back on purchases (1% back when purchasing and 1% back when paying off the balance).
How to Redeem Rewards
AmTrust 2% Cash Back Card points are the currency of the BucksBack Rewards Program, the default reward plan for all First Bankcard products (who issue AmTrust and all NYCB family credit cards). The cash value of points is ten cents per point ($0.10), which is the rate for cash back rewards.
Cash back rewards are claimable in 2,500-point increments, with the following options for redemption:
- Statement credits
- ACH electronic deposits to AmTrust (or external) checking or savings accounts
- A mailed check
Should a cardholder not prefer other reward options over cash back, the BucksBack Program offers several other award choices, though the point value differs depending on the actual cash equivalent value of the chosen redemption option. Aside from the cash back, the program offers the usual reward options, including travel (airfare, hotels, etc.), gift certificates and merchandise from top brands, and more.
Both the AmTrust Bank Cash Back and the Citi Double Cash Card earn the same cash back rewards, and both provide the redemptions through this option. The cards differ, however, in that Citi limits the redemption to Citi accounts (such as mortgages and student loans, while AmTrust and other New York Community Bank partners allow holders to send rewards to external accounts through ACH payments, or as a physical check.
Other Card Features
AmTrust cardholders can expect protections such as Zero Fraud Liability coverage, emergency card replacement, and emergency cash disbursement. When traveling, Visa offers Auto Rental Collision Damage Waivers that provide additional coverage if a rental car is damaged or stolen, plus pay-per-use Roadside Dispatch.
Should You Apply for the AmTrust 2% Cash Back Visa Card?
The 2% Cash Back Visa® Card from AmTrust Bank is enticing, thanks to the impressive cash back rewards without the hassles that come from larger issuers. The card offers many of the similarities of the Citi Double Cash, though it provides the opportunity to send rewards to external bank accounts via ACH payments – something most issuers simply can’t match.
While the card lacks the 0% intro APR on balance transfers that come with the Citi Card, as well as it’s lower interest rates after that, the 2% cash Back Card isn’t selling itself as a balance transfer or low rate card. Instead, it sells itself on earning a substantial amount of cash back (or reward points, if you prefer) on every purchase made.