Founded in 1973 in Kelso, Missouri, by the Drury brothers, the Drury Hotel chain has grown from its humble mid-Western roots to operating over 150 properties in 25 states nationwide. Still entirely family-owned and operated, Drury is well-known for its excellence in quality and service and has been ranked “Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Midscale Hotel Chains” by J.D. Power for 14 years running.
Drury Hotel Brands
The company was born after the creation of the first Drury Inn in 1973. Since then, it has expanded its hotel offerings to three unique brands that can accommodate travelers (and budgets) of all types. Additionally, the Drury Hotel chain has expanded its scope and can be found throughout the eastern half of the United States. However, it also has properties as far-reaching as Texas, Florida, and Colorado.
- Drury Inn & Suites: The cornerstone of the Drury Hotel chain. It is the signature hotel brand and offers a perfect blend of value, comfort, and quality. All Drury Inn & Suites offer affordable lodging with award-winning and friendly service – in cities both large and small.
- Drury Plaza Hotel: For those looking for an upscale hotel experience, travelers can rest and recharge in luxurious furnishings, modern décor, and chic accents while still partaking in the mid-Western hospitality for which the chain is known. All Drury Plaza Hotels offer deluxe guest rooms, enhanced meeting spaces, as well as two-room suites, making it perfect for the traveling businessman or woman.
- Pear Tree Inn: Designed with budget travelers in mind, the Pear Tree Inn is warm, welcoming, and provides its patrons with nearly all of Drury Hotels’ usual amenities – even at ultra-affordable prices.
The Drury Hotels Company has several leading locations, including the Drury Plaza Hotel in San Antonio, Texas (on the famed San Antonio Riverwalk), a location at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, and a popular hotel in Fort Myers, Florida – among others.
When it comes to making customers feel at home, Drury Hotels does more than talk a good talk. Its trademark “The Extras Aren’t Extra®” freebies include a host of hotel perks that don’t require a credit card or a specific membership level in its rewards programs to receive.
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast: A tasty deal on the most important meal of the day, hotel guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast that includes eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles or pancakes, pastries, oatmeal, hot coffee and more.
- Free Dinnertime Snacks: Unwind from your day and treat yourself to a rotating menu of complimentary soup, salad, drinks, and more from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm at the 5:30 dinner snack. Adults can enjoy a free beer, wine, or mixed drink, although availability and additional charges may vary based on location.
- Free Soda & Popcorn: Not just for the kids, if you’re feeling hungry in between the morning and evening complimentary meals, treat yourself to free snacks in the lobby at any time.
- 24-Hour Business & Fitness Centers: Whether ‘taking care of business’ means pumping iron or finalizing a presentation, all hotel patrons can enjoy all-day access to Drury facilities.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected wherever your travels may take you and enjoy free Internet during your stay.
Drury Hotel Rewards
The Drury Rewards program is unique, allowing guests to earn and redeem points towards experiences – not hotel perks.
While standard perks such as automatic room upgrades or early check-in/late check-out are absent, the straightforward and concise manner of the Drury Rewards program is refreshing for those who don’t like dealing with complicated point conversions or redemption gimmicks.
Members have access to exclusive rates for direct bookings – making it a worthwhile rewards program to enroll in for the savings alone.
How to Earn Points
Drury guests will earn a flat rate of 10X points per $1 spent on the brands’ properties – there are no expedited earning rates or bonuses based on the frequency of stay. Additionally, hotel guests can earn an extra 250 points per day of opting out of housekeeping services during their visit.
Drury Rewards Visa cardholders are the one exception. They have more opportunities to earn points via everyday purchases:
- 15X points per $1 spent at Drury Hotel properties
- 2X points per $1 spent on gas, restaurants, and utilities
- 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
What Are Drury Rewards Points Worth?
How to Redeem Points
Drury Rewards members have four options for redeeming their earnings, which start at 15,000 points.
- Free Night
- Charitable Contributions
- Retail Gift Cards
- Airline Miles
Drury Rewards Membership Levels
One of the most unusual aspects of Drury Rewards is that it lacks any tiered membership status. While most other hotel programs use the tiers as an incentive for members to book more frequently, the Drury program is refreshingly less gamed and imparts no pressure on its loyalty members. Stay as often or as little as you’d like; you’ll still be able to earn rewards and redeem them freely.
Current Drury Hotels Credit Cards
Drury Hotels also offers a co-branded hotel credit card issued by Commerce Bank. That card, the Drury Rewards® Visa® Card, provides an additional 5 points per dollar spent on any qualifying stay at Drury Hotels. Combining the credit card with a Drury Rewards membership means cardholders can earn 15X points per dollar spent on stays.
The Drury Visa Card from Commerce Bank also earns 2X points per $1 on gas purchases, restaurants, and utilities – and a single point on every other purchase.
Note: To apply for the Drury Rewards Visa®, you must receive a pre-screened pre-approval. Often, Commerce Bank will pre-screen individuals and mail out such an offer. If you receive an offer, it will only be valid for you, and you will have been selected based on information contained in a consumer credit report. A credit limit (ranging from $1,000 to $15,000) will be assigned to you based on your creditworthiness, employment and income, debt-to-credit ratio, and various other factors determined by the card issuer.
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide to Hotel Credit Cards