Visa Signature® Black
Earn 1 RBC Rewards Point for Every $1 Spent
- Regular Purchase APR 9.99% to 19.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 9.99% to 19.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 19.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Make transaction in the U.S. dollar and avoid daily currency fluctuations
- Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 spent on your card
- No annual fee
- Enjoy Visa Signature® concierge service
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.99% to 19.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.99% to 19.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3.5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1.5% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The RBC Bank Visa Signature® Black card is a rewards card aimed at a Canadian audience – especially those who frequent the U.S. The card offers no annual fee, a 0% introductory APR, followed by very completive rates after that, and an effective rewards program. Cardholders can expect to earn 1 point for every dollar spent – points which are poolable and redeemable for rewards, travel, or cash back.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a Canadian who frequently visits, or makes purchases, in the U.S.
- Want the excellent service and protections Visa Signature offers
- Want to work with loved ones to pool points for exciting rewards
- Want a rewards card with a low APR for purchases
Visa Signature® Black Review
The Visa Signature® Black from RBC Bank is an impressive rewards card designed especially for Canadians who frequently travel to -and make purchases in – the United States. Whereas many Canadian-specific credit cards calculate payments in Canadian Dollars, the Visa Signature® Black from RBC Bank ensures all transactions are completed in U.S. Dollars. While this may not seem like a big deal, making all payments in one single currency allows cardholders to avoid the daily fluctuations that occur in international currency exchanges.
The Visa Signature® range is known for its reward point earning potential, and the Visa Signature® Black is no different. Cardholders can expect to receive 1 RBC Rewards point for every dollar they spend on their card – points which are redeemable for gift cards from major retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Starbucks, and more; gadgets from the hottest brands on the market; travel; experiences; and much more.
One of the unique features of RBC’s Rewards points scheme is the ability to pool points with friends and family. Pooling allows a faster accumulation of points, meaning you can more easily reach the rewards you crave. RBC Rewards points can even be converted for 1% cash back, allowing you to transfer your points to an RBC Royal Bank account.
Visa Signature® Black from RBC Bank cardholders also benefit from Visa’s Signature® concierge service, which helps with planning future travel, exclusive car rental booking privileges, and access to bookings at Visa Signature’s® Luxury Hotel Collection. Visa Signature® cardholders also get a variety of protections, including auto rental collision damage waivers, pay-per-use roadside assistance, 24/7 emergency, and travel assistance services, and more.
Should You Apply for the Visa Signature® Black from RBC?
For Canadians that want a card that offers decent rewards in the U.S., Visa Signature® Black is a strong option to consider. The case for the card is further aided by no annual fee, an initial 6 months of 0% APR, and a highly competitive APR after that. For those with excellent credit, they can expect rates to be well below 15%, depending (of course) on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate at the time.