Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 17th, 2020
Valley Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card
Earn 2,500 Bonus Points on Your First Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 1.5 points for every dollar you spend
- Get 2,500 bonus points after your first purchase
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 6 months
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Visa Signature Real Rewards Card from Valley National Bank is the type of card that can fit into just about any wallet. It offers just enough perks – including 1.5 points per dollar and 6 months of no APR — without an annoying annual fee or penalty APR to worry about.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn points on their purchases without an annual fee
- Have a balance or a large purchase to put on the card that can benefit from 6 months of no interest
- Prefer a regional bank to larger financial institutions
Valley Visa® Real Rewards Card Review
The Valley Visa Real Rewards Card has a little bit of everything: a short 0% introductory APR, a manageable regular APR, and 1.5 points per dollar for your trouble. While it won’t win awards for the best rewards card around, it’s a card that represents what Valley National Bank is all about – transparency and stability for its customers.
Steady Rewards and Easy Bonus Points
When you apply for this Visa Signature Real Rewards Card, you can immediately start earning rewards on your purchases. There are no rotating categories, so you’ll earn 1.5 points on every dollar spent, anywhere, anytime.
Like most cash back cards, the Valley Visa Rewards also offers bonus points when you meet certain conditions. However, rather than needing to spend several hundred dollars toward a spending requirement, you can collect the 2,500 bonus points just for making your first purchase. That’s about a $25 value, and you can earn it just for buying a $2 pack of gum.
Once you start amassing points, there’s no limit to the amount you can obtain. There is an expiration date though, so make sure to use your points within 5 years of earning them to get the full value of this card. When you’re ready to start cashing in, you can redeem your points for:
- Savings on travel
- Gift cards from top retailers
- Cash back on your bill or in your Valley bank account
Intro APR and Visa® Real Rewards Card Perks
Another feature of this card is the introductory APR. You’ll get 6 months at 0% interest on any balances you carry, whether from a balance transfer or a new purchase. Since 6 months isn’t very long, this is best suited for someone with a smaller amount of debt, as there are balance transfer cards that offer better terms.
As a Visa Signature, this Valley National Bank credit card also comes with a few additional benefits available to most Visa customers. For example, when you use your card to purchase a rental car and waive the initial insurance, you’ll receive coverage under the collision damage waiver. Likewise, this card can extend the manufacturer’s warranty on certain purchases, up to a year. Other protections include but aren’t limited to zero fraud liability and travel assistance for emergencies.
Should You Apply for the Valley Visa Signature® Real Rewards Card?
With its average APRs and rewards rate, there’s nothing particularly remarkable about this card when compared to other offers. However, if you like Valley National Bank’s brand and would rather set up your finances with a regional bank, you may get more out of it. You might consider other Valley credit cards with better perks, but these come with slightly stricter credit requirements.