Valley Visa® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR for 20 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% introductory APR for 18 months on purchases
- 0% introductory APR for 18 months on balance transfers
- No annual fee
- Visa protections, including car rental collision waivers and zero fraud liability
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 20 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Valley Bank Visa® Platinum Card is a basic regional card with low APRs and an extensive introductory period; in other words, it could be the right card for handling that pesky balance you’ve been trying to get rid of or making that large purchase you’ve been considering.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are interested in banking with a regional institution
- Want a simple card that doesn’t distract with rewards
- Can take advantage of the lengthy introductory APR
Valley Visa® Platinum Card Review
When it comes to a lack of frills, the Visa® Platinum Credit Card from Valley National Bank means it. With this card, there are no lace trimmings, bells, whistles, or rewards to be found. Instead, you get a credit card that’s on mission to help you pay down debt with as few distractions as possible. Whether you have a large expense coming up or you’re already paying off a balance, the Valley Platinum can help you chip away at any debt you throw at it.
Extended Introductory APR
Just because there are no flashy rewards rates to ogle, doesn’t mean the Valley Visa Platinum Card has nothing to offer. In fact, it boasts one of the longest introductory APRs available, at 0% for 20 months with no annual fee.
This feature covers both purchases and balance transfers, which is what makes this card great for paying off debt or making a large purchase. If you have a hefty balance on your current card, transferring it over to this one (for a small balance transfer fee) can help you pay it off faster, since you won’t be racking up interest for a year and a half.
This Valley National Bank credit card also has a low regular APR, though your exact rate will still depend on your credit at the time of application. The higher your score, the more likely you are to receive the lowest rates offered. With no penalty APR, you don’t have to worry about massive rate increases if you accidentally miss a payment or your payment is returned. However, you still want to limit this as much as possible to avoid the late fee, protect your credit, and keep your account in good standing.
Visa Perks with the Valley Platinum Credit Card
As with other Visa credit cards, the Valley Platinum comes with a few protections for cardholders to take advantage of. For example, you gain access to extended warranty coverage on certain items when purchased with the card. This coverage doubles the manufacturer’s warranty up to one year, so 3-month warranties become 6, and so on. Other Visa perks include:
- A collision waiver for rental cars
- $0 fraud liability for transactions made when your card is stolen or lost
- Emergency travel assistance for medical needs and ticket replacement
- 24-hour cardmember assistance
Should You Apply for the Valley Visa® Platinum Card?
If you really want to focus on boosting your credit score or paying down a debt, this could be the card for you. It won’t bombard you with flashy rewards rates and tempting spending bonuses; it will simply hold off your interest for 20 months while you manage your payments. Of course, there are a few of other 0% intro APR cards to choose from if you want a little more from your credit card.