Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 8th, 2021
Valley Visa® Platinum Card
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 24 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% introductory APR for 18 months on purchases
- 0% introductory APR for 18 months on balance transfers
- No annual fee
- Visa protections, including car rental collision waivers and zero fraud liability
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 24 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 24 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Valley Bank Visa® Platinum Card is a basic regional card with low APRs and an extensive introductory period; in other words, it could be the right card for handling that pesky balance you’ve been trying to get rid of or making that large purchase you’ve been considering.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are interested in banking with a regional institution
- Want a simple card that doesn’t distract with rewards
- Can take advantage of the lengthy introductory APR
Valley Visa® Platinum Card Review
When it comes to a lack of frills, the Visa® Platinum Credit Card from Valley National Bank means it. With this card, there are no lace trimmings, bells, whistles, or rewards to be found. Instead, you get a credit card that’s on mission to help you pay down debt with as few distractions as possible. Whether you have a large expense coming up or you’re already paying off a balance, the Valley Platinum can help you chip away at any debt you throw at it.
Extended Introductory APR
Just because there are no flashy rewards rates to ogle, doesn’t mean the Valley Visa Platinum Card has nothing to offer. In fact, it boasts one of the longest introductory APRs available, at 0% for 20 months with no annual fee.
This feature covers both purchases and balance transfers, which is what makes this card great for paying off debt or making a large purchase. If you have a hefty balance on your current card, transferring it over to this one (for a small balance transfer fee) can help you pay it off faster, since you won’t be racking up interest for a year and a half.
This Valley National Bank credit card also has a low regular APR, though your exact rate will still depend on your credit at the time of application. The higher your score, the more likely you are to receive the lowest rates offered. With no penalty APR, you don’t have to worry about massive rate increases if you accidentally miss a payment or your payment is returned. However, you still want to limit this as much as possible to avoid the late fee, protect your credit, and keep your account in good standing.
Visa Perks with the Valley Platinum Credit Card
As with other Visa credit cards, the Valley Platinum comes with a few protections for cardholders to take advantage of. For example, you gain access to extended warranty coverage on certain items when purchased with the card. This coverage doubles the manufacturer’s warranty up to one year, so 3-month warranties become 6, and so on. Other Visa perks include:
- A collision waiver for rental cars
- $0 fraud liability for transactions made when your card is stolen or lost
- Emergency travel assistance for medical needs and ticket replacement
- 24-hour cardmember assistance
Should You Apply for the Valley Visa® Platinum Card?
If you really want to focus on boosting your credit score or paying down a debt, this could be the card for you. It won’t bombard you with flashy rewards rates and tempting spending bonuses; it will simply hold off your interest for 20 months while you manage your payments. Of course, there are a few of other 0% intro APR cards to choose from if you want a little more from your credit card.