Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 24th, 2020
UMB Simply Rewards Visa® Credit Card
UMB Simply Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Earn 15,000 Bonus Points ($150 Value)
- Regular Purchase APR 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 3X points for every $1 spent on gas, groceries, discount stores, restaurants, and fast food
- Earn 1X point for every $1 spent on all other qualifying purchases
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The UMB Simply Rewards Visa® Credit Card makes it simple to earn points from everyday purchases – cardholders can easily earn up to 3X points for every dollar they spend on qualifying purchases with their UMB credit card, simply by swiping at the register, or using it for online purchases. Issued by UMB Bank, this versatile card is perfect for those who are planning to make a large purchase with their card, or who are looking for a way to pay down an existing balance without running afoul of high interest rates (for the first year, at least).
Earn Everyday Points and use them however you’d like; this easy-to-use rewards program is a lucrative way to earn cash back, gift cards, travel rewards and more. Best of all, there is no annual fee, which is a rarity among credit cards that boast the generous rewards that accompany this 0% intro APR Visa card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are willing and able to spend $1,500 in the first 90 days of opening their account to take advantage of 15,000 bonus points
- Would utilize a generous introductory APR of 0% for balance transfers and 0% for all purchases for the first 12 billing cycles after opening a card account
- Want a card that rewards everyday spending with 3X points at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and more
- Want a card with no annual fee
UMB Simply Rewards Visa® Credit Card Review
It’s not often that you’ll come across a rewards credit card that provides the points-earning punch of the UMB Simply Rewards Visa® Credit Card coupled with ample savings. Right out of the gate, new cardholders benefit from a generous introductory APR, an introductory bonus, and the ultimate benefit of an annual fee of $0.00. This card is, quite simply, rewarding to use. Here’s why:
How to Earn Simply Rewards Points
Earning rewards points is as simple as making everyday purchases with your Simple Rewards Visa card from UMB Bank. Whether you’re filling the tank for your commute, buying groceries for the week, dining out and about on the town, or grabbing a quick bite at a fast food restaurant, you’ll earn points. Rewards can be earned as at a rate of 3X points for every dollar spent in these categories:
- Gas Stations
- Grocery Stores
- Discount Stores
- Fast Food Locations
Cardholders can earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other qualifying purchases.
How to Redeem Simply Rewards Points
UMB’s Simply Rewards program is not only lucrative, it’s easy to use. Rewards can be redeemed for a variety of great options, including:
- Cash Back Rewards (in the form of an account credit)
- Gift Cards – Simply Rewards points can be redeemed for gift cards from a variety of popular merchants and brands. Choose from dining (restaurants and fast food chains), entertainment, fuel (gas station gift cards), salon & spa, and shopping gift cards.
- Merchandise – Rewards can be exchanged for merchandise from your favorite retailers, including Apple®, Bose®, and much more. Appliances, accessories, electronics, hardware, luggage, sporting goods, and even televisions – you name it, you can get it – when you save enough rewards.
- Prepaid Cards
- Travel – Points can be redeemed towards discounts at car rental agencies, dream vacation packages, Uber discounts, hotel reservations, and flights. There are no blackout dates, no advance notice requirements, no round-trip flight requirements, and no Saturday night stay requirements – which gives you the freedom to explore the world with your points, at your leisure.
- Experiences – Redeem points for unforgettable experiences: fly a plane, ride along in a dragster, or enjoy a meal catered by a private chef. Sail into the sunset on a dinner cruise for two, or treat yourself to a spa day. Points can also be redeemed towards outdoor activities like a skateboarding lesson, surf lesson, or whitewater rafting!
- Live Concerts and Sports Events
- Theme Parks – Points can also be used towards theme park tickets – redeem for passes to places like Universal Studios Orlando Resort, Busch Gardens, Knott’s Berry Farm, Legoland, SeaWorld, and the San Diego Zoo.
- Charitable Donations
- Green Products – Choose from a variety of environmentally-friendly products, including shower heads that save water, power strips that save electricity, and more.
Note that rewards points expire after five years, so plan accordingly.
Simply Rewards Visa® Card Introductory Bonuses
Folks who are looking for great savings will love the introductory bonus offers from UMB Bank; once your application for the UMB Simply Rewards Visa® Credit Card is approved, you’ll be eligible to qualify for a special points bonus, as well as a special introductory interest rate for purchases and balance transfers.
Cardholders who spend $1,500 within 90 days of opening their account will then qualify for a lucrative bonus of 15,000 rewards points, which are credited to your account once you’ve reached the spending threshold.
Additionally, folks who are looking to make a big-ticket purchase will save money by using their new card, thanks to an introductory APR of 0.00% for 12 billing cycles. If you’d rather use your card to save money while paying down an existing balance, transfer your debt to your new UMB Simply Rewards Visa within 60 days of opening your account to receive an APR of 0% for 12 billing cycles on your balance transfer. These introductory APR offers can add up to significant savings, with the right planning – so bear this in mind when opening your account.
Visa Cardholder Protections
The UMB Simply Rewards Visa card is chock-full of consumer perks, and also brings several benefits and protections from Visa® to the table. Cardholders will enjoy protection from unauthorized purchases thanks to Visa’s $0 Liability Protection program, as well as other Visa benefits. You are also eligible for all the great benefits that accompany a Platinum Visa® Rewards card, in addition to convenient online access from UMB Bank. These benefits include:
- Auto Rental Insurance (automatically covers the repair or loss of a rental car, whenever you use your Visa card to pay for the car rental)
- Convenient access to thousands of ATMs – get cash fast, when you need it
- Visa’s Zero Fraud Liability Protection (Visa does not hold you liable for unauthorized purchases made online and in person). This covers only cards issued in the US. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use in order to qualify.
- Travel Assistance Services (aid in pre-trip planning, legal referrals and medical referrals)
Should You Apply for the Simply Rewards Visa® Credit Card from UMB Bank?
If you are looking for a lucrative rewards credit card that not only gives you a generous grace period for purchases – no interest for 12 months for new cardholders – but also allows you to transfer existing balances from other cards, the Simply Rewards Visa Card may be a great fit for you. Cardholders earn a whopping 3 points for each dollar they spend with this card on most everyday purchases – gasoline, groceries, dining, and some retail stores – and 1 point per dollar on all other qualifying purchases. This, when combined with the savings that can be had thanks to this card’s introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers, makes for an extremely attractive credit card offer. In addition to a beefed-up points earning system, UMB Bank has coupled this card with a rewards program that allows for flexibility; cardholders can choose from a great variety of products and services when they redeem their points, which is a big deal in and of itself. Points can be used for travel, concert tickets, exclusive experiences, and even theme park tickets in addition to more common redemption options like merchandise, gift cards, and cash-back account credits.
All in all, this card offer is difficult to say “no” to – with no annual fee, competitive interest rates, and its introductory bonus – the Simply Rewards Visa Credit Card will reward anyone who uses it.