UBS Visa Signature Credit Card
Travel Savings, Rewards, and No Annual Fee In One Card
- No annual fee
- Redeem your points to pay for anything you buy with your UBS credit card using the Personal Choice feature ($100 minimum in purchases) or for gift cards, travel and merchandise
- Earn 1 My Choice Rewards point per dollar spent on eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 12 months on balance transfers within the first 90 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $2 to $10 or 2% to 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $2 to $10 or 2% to 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The UBS Visa Signature is a rewards card with excellent customer service from Swiss-based wealth management and investment bank UBS. The card earns a single reward point for every dollar spent, with points applicable towards a variety of redemption options. The card also comes with complimentary access to UBS Concierge – one of the most exceptional concierges and support services available today. The card also features a competitive APR on purchases and balance transfers – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are an existing UBS Wealth customer
- Like to have 24/7, personalized travel support whenever they need it
- Don’t mind the imager reward points-per-dollar-spent
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
UBS Visa Signature Credit Card Review
The UBS Visa Signature Card is a basic travel rewards credit card that may be light on rewards but is heavy on service and support.
Rewards credit cards come in all shapes and sizes, but the reward points don’t come much more basic than what is on offer with the UBS Visa Signature. Cardholders earn a single point for every dollar spent on purchases, which is relatively meager.
Fortunately, UBS My Choice Rewards points offer decent value for money and plenty of options for redemptions. Points can be used in the UBS Rewards portal for gift cards, merchandise, and travel, as well as towards purchases via Personal Choice. Personal Choice allows holders to redeem points for purchases made with their card, as long as the purchase is at least $100 or more in cost.
UBS Concierge Service – Free of Charge
Like the UBS Visa Infinite, the Visa Signature Card offers 24/7 access to UBS Concierge. UBS Concierge is quite possibly the finest concierge service available from any issuer, offering a level of service that surpasses even those available to the typical Visa Infinite cardholder – the upper echelon of Visa’s service range.
Cardholders can expect travel recommendations and handling of their flight, cruise, hotel, or car rental bookings by UBS’ in-house team of travel specialists. The concierge service can even help Signature Cardholders score tickets to special events and concerts, and their local travel experts can give you advice from everything to the best local restaurants to local customs and currency conversions.
Access to the Concierge service might not be for everyone, but for those that plan to travel often, it is an invaluable service – and one of the biggest selling points for this card.
No Fees for Accessing Wealth Cash
UBS credit cards are linked to existing UBS Wealth Management accounts, which is a nice feature, as having access to the funds in your portfolio can help if you are in a financial bind. Where many wealth management firms would charge for access to these funds, UBS does not.
Cardholders don’t have to worry about withdrawing funds at ATMs anywhere in the United States – no matter what bank or network they belong to. UBS offers an unlimited number of ATM fee rebates to members for transaction fees of up to $5, which is a really nice perk for those who plan to sue their card for withdrawals.
Should You Apply for the UBS Visa Signature Card?
Overall, the UBS Visa Signature is a lack-luster rewards credit card that is lifted by the exceptional service from UBS Concierge.
UBS credit cards are tied to existing UBS Wealth Management accounts, so the basic points – a single My Choice Rewards point for every dollar spent – on offer are more of a nice-to-have than a selling point for this card.
The selling point is the Concierge service, which is carefully designed to give UBS cardholders the ultimate in personalized service. Not only do members have access to a 24/7 team of local travel experts that can offer personalized recommendations and advice anywhere in the world, but they can also use the service to book travel, make reservations, or even score hard-to-get tickets for the hottest events.
The level of care that the UBS Concierge offers is a step beyond anything Visa offers, including Visa Infinite Concierge. For the wealth customer that wants exceptional service and prioritizes that over points, this is a no annual fee card that is something of a no-brainer. If, however, you prefer points to perks, there are better options elsewhere.