| Last updated on November 15th, 2023
U Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card
U Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card
- 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
Wayfarers rejoice – the U Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card is a reward card offer from United Federal Credit Union that offers cardholders the opportunity to earn rewards points in several spending categories, particularly travel. This card is a versatile tool for those who love to explore the world, since customers will receive 3x points for every dollar spent on travel, 2x points on gas purchases, and 1 point per $1 on all other spending.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 3x rewards points per dollar spent on travel purchases
- Earn 2x rewards points per dollar spent on gas purchases, 1x points on all other purchases
- Credit line starting at $5,000, up to $50,000
- Roadside Dispatch, Travel and Emergency Assistance, and Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Redeem rewards for cash back statements, travel, merchandise and gift cards
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You love to travel and plan to use this card to pay for travel expenses
- You commute to work or school often and will use your card to purchase gasoline often
- You want to earn points towards cash back redemptions
- You'll take advantage of a low interest rate, no annual fees, and no foreign transaction fees
U Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card Review
The U Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card is a multifaceted travel and gasoline rewards credit card designed for those who love to see the world and who want to save money while earning cash back rewards for travel spending.
The Benefits of Using Credit Cards with Low Introductory APR
Earning cash back CardPerks™ rewards with the U Rewards Visa Signature Card is as easy as swiping your card at a gas station or using it to buy airfare online. Every cardholder receives 3x points for every $1 spent on travel purchases when they use their card at the ticketing counter or online. They’ll also receive 2x points per dollar for all gas station purchases, including fuel and snacks. Finally, they’ll earn cash back at a rate of 1 point per dollar spent on all other qualifying purchases made with their U Rewards Visa card.
Earn Points from Travel Purchases
The travel spending category covers a multitude of travel-related services, and with this card you’ll earn 3 points per dollar spent with:
- Cruise lines
- Travel agencies
- Passenger trains
- Car rental companies
- Taxis (and limousines)
- Local public transportation (buses, ferries, rickshaws)
Earn Points from Gas Station Purchases
Two points per dollar spent at gas stations is a great incentive to use your card to fuel up for your week’s commute. These awards apply at the pump, at the counter, and at automated fuel dispensers, so you can earn rewards on all spending that falls under this merchant category. If you’re unsure if a purchase fits into this spending category, call United Federal Credit Union and check.
Earn Points from Gas Station Purchases
United Federal Credit Union’s CardPerks™ rewards program is designed with you in mind. Hundreds of reward options are available for cardholders, and points can easily be redeemed for anything from cash back to merchandise and travel. For a comprehensive list of reward redemption options, visit the CardPerks rewards portal. Enrollment in the program is automatic, once your account is approved, and every purchase with your card earns points – you won’t even need to change your shopping habits. Just use your card for everyday purchases (and especially gas and travel), and earn points towards:
- Cash back statement credits
- Name brand gift cards – choose from hundreds of retail stores and restaurants
- eGift cards
- Travel options and booking
- Merchandise – electronics, jewelry, sporting goods, tools, and more
Additional Visa Signature® Bonuses and Benefits
In addition to a rewards program, the U Rewards Visa card packs some big purchasing power, with credit limits that start at $5,000 and can be as high as $50,000 (based on your creditworthiness, and demonstration of financial responsibility). Special perks only available to Visa cardholders include things like travel benefits – Roadside Dispatch®, Travel and Emergency Assistance, and Trip Delay Reimbursement. On top of these great, exclusive perks, cardholders will also enjoy features that include:
- Warranty Manager
- Auto Rental Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance (Up to $250,000)
- Digital Wallet compatibility – Google Pay™, Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay and Visa Checkout
- EMV Chip compatibility
- Nationwide ATM access for cash advances
- Visa® Purchase Alerts to help monitor spending habits and reduce fraud
- Automatic payments
Should You Apply for the U Rewards Visa Signature® Credit Card from United Federal Credit Union?
Perhaps the best part of choosing a United Federal Credit Union travel rewards credit card: no annual fee – and no frills. Say goodbye to extra fees like application fees, cash advance fees, and foreign transaction fees – and say hello to reward redemption options like merchandise, gift cards, travel, and more.
If you’re looking for a rewards credit card that’s suitable for someone who is new to playing the “points game” to earn free travel and other rewards, you may consider the U Rewards Visa Signature® card a strong candidate. While it does not pack the point-earning power of some of its competitors, the fact that this card offer is not accompanied by an exorbitant annual fee is definitely worth noting, as this makes it much more palatable for anyone who wants to earn travel rewards without breaking the bank. (For example, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card’s annual fee is $450.00, which may be a turn-off for someone who is new to credit card rewards.)
The U Rewards Visa Signature credit card from United Federal Credit Union is a versatile tool for anyone who wants to earn rewards without breaking the bank on hidden fees. A competitive interest rate and flexible rewards redemption options make it a lucrative card offer for anyone who will use it to regularly purchase travel and gasoline.
Browse Other United Federal Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.