Last updated on February 24th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
U First Visa® Credit Card
U First Visa® Credit Card
- 12.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 12.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 12.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The U First Visa® Credit Card is a no-frills, low-interest credit card that’s ideal for folks who are looking to save money with a generous introductory APR and a low purchase APR thereafter. Issued by United Federal Credit Union, the U First Visa is aptly named since it makes the needs of the consumer – namely, saving money – a top priority.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- No cash advance fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months from account opening
- Low, competitive interest rates
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months depending on creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 12.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You prefer a credit card without annual fees or balance transfer fees
- You will take advantage of an introductory interest rate to make large purchases
- You want a credit card with a low, competitive regular interest rate
- You have existing balances they you wish to transfer in order to save money on interest charges
U First Visa® Credit Card Review
The U First Visa credit card, with its low regular interest rates and low intro APR, is a credit card designed for the consumer who loves to save money while building their credit profile. Credit limits for accounts that are approved for this card offer begin at $1,000.
The Benefits of Using Credit Cards with Low Introductory APR
A credit card with a low intro APR is of particular use to consumers who wish to make a large purchase using their credit, since an APR of 0% for the first six months can mean a lot of savings – with proper planning. The U First Visa card can be exceptionally useful during the holiday season, when many consumers shop for gifts for loved ones or fly to visit family. Expensive items (such as plane tickets) can be purchased with the confidence that comes with knowing there are no additional, exorbitant interest fees that may follow swiping this credit card; typically, interest fees are applied if the cardholder is not able to fully pay their statement each month, so they can be avoided in this way as well. The best low intro APR credit cards feature no annual fees, and the U First Visa is a prime example.
Credit Cards with Low APR
In addition to a low introductory APR, this card offers a competitive, low ongoing interest rate for cardholders that may not be found with competing low interest card offers. Paying interest can be a turn-off for many, since high interest charges can contribute to credit card debt and affect everyone – even those with excellent credit. If you plan to carry a balance, this card may be perfect for your wallet since it features interest rates that are on the lower end of the industry standard. Remember, a low APR can add up to big savings.
No Fees, No Problems
The U First card stands out from its competition in that there are very few wayward fees associated with cardholder accounts. Balance transfers are easy to make – there is no fee to transfer existing debt to this card, and there is not a higher interest rate associated with transferring a balance. There is no annual fee, no application fee, and no fee for cash advances nor for foreign transactions; no foreign transaction fees are a boon for customers who travel regularly and plan to use their card outside of the United States. Additionally, there is no penalty fee if you go over your credit limit.
Special U First Visa Card Benefits
Cardholders can take advantage of the following Visa benefits that accompany their U First card:
- Auto Rental Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance – $250,000 on travel bought with this card
- Visa Checkout
- Digital Wallet Compatibility – Google Pay™, Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay and Visa Checkout
- EMV Chip Cards
- Nationwide ATM access for cash advances
- Visa® Purchase Alerts to help monitor spending habits and reduce fraud
- Automatic payments
Should You Apply for the U First Visa® Credit Card from United Federal Credit Union?
Low APR credit cards proffer great value for people who plan to make large purchases using plastic; with proper planning and financial responsibility, a card with a low interest rate and an introductory APR period can be a powerful tool for spending and saving money. If you’re looking for a great way to save money while you shop for gifts, or plan to finance home improvements for example, this card may be a great fit for your wallet. Taking advantage of 0% APR for the first six months your card is active will help you avoid breaking the bank. After six months, you’ll see interest charges if you don’t pay your balance in full each billing cycle – but don’t fret, the APR for this card is extremely competitive, and you’ll still save money while carrying a balance, when compared to similar card offers.
Low minimum payments – each minimum monthly payment is 2% of the outstanding balance, or $20, whichever is greater – are just one of the many feathers in the cap of the U First Visa card. In addition to low interest, the U First Visa card charges no annual fee, no balance transfer fee, no cash advance fee, and no foreign transaction fees. United Federal Credit Union’s card offering stands out from much of its competition in its simplicity – it is a versatile, no-nonsense tool designed to put the consumer first.