Tyndall Everyday Savings Card
Get an Exceptional Everyday APR
- Regular Purchase APR 6.99%, 7.99%, 8.94%, 8.99%, or 9.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 6.99%, 7.99%, 8.94%, 8.99%, or 9.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 6.99%, 7.99%, 8.94%, 8.99%, or 9.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer of cash advance fees
- The lowest APR rate possible
- Regular Purchase APR: 6.99%, 7.99%, 8.94%, 8.99%, or 9.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 6.99%, 7.99%, 8.94%, 8.99%, or 9.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 6.99%, 7.99%, 8.94%, 8.99%, or 9.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Tyndall Everyday Savings Card from Tyndall Federal Credit Union gives cardholders a tough-to-beat APR and no fees to worry about. The card is a great balance transfer credit card, which is almost half the national average and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already bank with Tyndall Federal Credit Union or live in SE Alabama or the Panhandle of Florida
- Want one of the best APRs available today, but very little else
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Tyndall Everyday Savings Card Review
The Tyndall Everyday Savings Card is a low-rate credit card that seeks to do one thing well – and does it well, indeed. The card, an offering by Florida Panhandle and Southeastern Alabama credit union, Tyndall Federal Credit Union, gives cardholders the bank’s absolute lowest rates on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances.
One of the Best Interest Rates Available Anywhere
According to recent data, the average APR on a credit card in the United States is around 17.3%, with the average APR on a low rate credit card at approximately 14.6%. The Everyday Savings Card from Tyndall easily bests these averages and provides cardholders with a fixed-rate APR, which is based upon their creditworthiness.
While rates will vary at the time of application due to Prime Rate changes, those with excellent credit scores can expect a typical APR below 9%, while even those who are given a card with the highest interest rate can expect an APR of around 10%. Essentially, no matter what rate you receive from Tyndall, you can be assured that it is impressively low when compared with national averages – and amongst the lowest rates in the nation.
Paying Down Existing Debt Is a Breeze
One of the perks of having a great low-interest rate is transferring existing credit card balances over to pay down these existing debts quickly and easily. The Everyday Savings Card is an ideal credit card for balance transfers and reducing your current balances. Not only can cardholders expect a sensational APR, but they also don’t have to worry about paying any fees for making those transfers or for cash advances or an annual fee for that matter.
The exceptional APR more than makes up for the lack of a 0% intro APR promotional period, so as long as the cardholder keeps on top of paying down their balance, they shouldn’t have any issues with this impressive card.
Use Your Card as Overdraft Protection
Overdraft protection is something many of us take for granted with our checking accounts. The average overdraft fee charged is $35, but unless the account holder addresses the issue and brings their account out of arrears, they risk having their account closed or put into collections.
Tyndall has come up with a rather novel approach to limit the problems associated with overdrafts by allowing Everyday Savings Cardholders to set up their credit card as an overdraft protection source. When the card is used as overdraft protection, accountholders simply have to pay off the overdraft balance at an interest rate starting from around 9% – an intelligent approach to an underappreciated problem.
Who Can Join Tyndall Federal Credit Union?
As noted, Tyndall is a credit union located in the Florida Panhandle and southeastern Alabama. As such, the bank has geographical restrictions on who can become a member. Currently, membership is limited to those who live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in one of the following counties:
- Bay County
- Calhoun County
- Franklin County
- Gulf County
- Holmes County
- Jackson County
- Leon County
- Okaloosa County
- Walton County
- Washington County
- Baldwin County
- Mobile County
- Houston County
Membership is also open to the following individuals:
- Those who are immediate family members of a current Tyndall member
- Those currently employed by (or a retiree of) any of the many organizations that work with Tyndall, or any organization that partners with the credit union.
- Anyone currently stationed or working at Tyndall Air Force Base (military, contractor, or civil service) or a retiree.
Should You Apply for the Tyndall Everyday Savings Card?
The Tyndall Everyday Savings Card is an excellent low APR credit card for those who already bank with Tyndall Federal Credit Union. While the card might not have the most exciting introductory APR period for balance transfers and cash advances, this is more than made up for with an impressively low rate every day and no fees for balance transfers or cash advances.
Low APR and balance transfer credit cards are light on perks, but the Everyday Savings Card has a few nice party tricks, including the ability to sue the card as overdraft protection on linked Tyndall checking accounts. That, combined with handy security features through Tyndall’s MoblMoney App, gives cardholders the peace of mind they need to know they’re protected – no matter what life throws at them financially.