Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 3rd, 2021
Truly Simple® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 12.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.74% to 23.74%
- Cash Advance APR 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles after account opening
- No annual fee
- No penalty APR for a missed payment
- Digital wallet compatibility designed to save time at checkout
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.74% to 23.74%
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Truly Simple® card from Fifth Third Bank truly keeps things simple with no frills and appeal to potential customers with a 0% intro APR offer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for a card with 0% interest for 12 months or more
- Are planning to make a substantial transaction that will require multiple billing cycles to pay off
- Have existing credit accounts at higher interest rates that you can transfer over to a card with a lower APR
- Are a fan of touchless payment technology
Truly Simple® Credit Card Review
With Fifth Third Bank’s Truly Simple® Credit Card, paying off a balance couldn’t be simpler. Its longer than average 0% introductory period on balance transfers and purchases, make it an easy to use credit card – whether for the everyday purchase or getting rid of debt.
Perfect for Paying Off New and Old Balances
If you’re in need of a credit card with 15 initial months of no interest charges, the Truly Simple® Credit Card can work well for you. The promotional rate applies to both purchases and balance transfers, so take advantage if you have outstanding balances at higher APRs on other cards.
In addition, you won’t be penalized with a higher APR if you’re late on your first payment, so you can breathe a sigh of relief if a due date slips past you. While it’s best not to make this a habit, it’s a nice comfort to have. There’s also no annual fee, but you will be charged a foreign transaction fee if you use the card abroad.
Protections and Digital Wallet Compatibility
As with most Mastercard offers these days, this offer also come with a few protections and extra features. For example, the card comes with Mastercard’s Priceless Cities feature, which gives you access to special offers on events in various cities. Global customer service is included as well.
You’ll be safeguarded against unauthorized purchases and identity theft, plus you’re set with extended warranty coverage for up to 12 months. You can also take advantage of extra cell phone protection for your device when you pay your bill with the Truly Simple®.
On top of that, Fifth Third Bank embraces the digital revolution by making the Truly Simple® Credit Card compatible with digital wallet services like:
- Apple Pay®
- Samsung Pay®
- Google Pay®
Should You Apply for the Truly Simple® Credit Card?
Beyond being an ideal credit card for anyone with a big purchase planned, or carrying a balance on high rate cards, there’s not much more to the Truly Simple® Card to excite. Digital wallet compatibility, special event access, and cell phone protection aren’t entirely unique to this card, though they are valuable features. If you’re looking for a credit card that offers similar 0% intro APR periods but that packs a bigger punch, browse our extensive catalogs of 0% intro APR cards and balance transfer cards.