Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 1st, 2021
TRIO® Credit Card
$100 Cash Back Bonus + No Annual Fee
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- New cardholders can earn a $100 cash back bonus by spending $1,000 within 90 days of account opening
- 3% cash back at restaurants
- 2% cash back on gas and at grocery and drug stores
- 1% unlimited cash back rewards on all other purchases
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months after account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses – Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 – See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist’s star-studded fashion collection – Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras’ ghats, Sarnath, and more – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Get a glimpse into India’s history through the Gujarati thali – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
Please Note: This review is in the process of being updated by the BestCards team
At a Glance
The TRIO® Credit Card from Fifth Third Bank can earn a modest amount of cash back on everyday purchases and entices new customers with a $100 cash back bonus offer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for an uncomplicated cash back credit card
- Frequently dine out
- Travel and want a card that does not charge foreign transaction fees
TRIO® Credit Card Review
Fifth Third Bank’s cash back product, the TRIO® Credit Card earns a starting rate of 1% cash back on every purchase. On purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and drugstores, the rate is bumped up to 2% – but the eligible spending amount is capped at $1,500 per quarter. If you’re eager to earn cash back, you’ll want to use this card often at restaurants; those purchases earn 3% back.
A Solid Introductory Offer
If you’re looking for a card with a lower interest rate that you can transfer your balance to, the TRIO® Credit Card also appeals with its introductory promotional APR. Posted transfers benefit from 12 months with 0% interest, so it’s worthwhile to consider consolidating your credit card debt to this card if the difference in interest rates is significant enough.
In addition, new cardholders can earn a $100 cash back bonus if they spend at least $1,000 within 90 days of opening an account. When you’re ready to redeem your rewards, you can do so for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
The TRIO® Credit Card also caters to travel-hungry customers. There are no foreign transaction fees, and cardholders get access to Mastercard Travel Services, which runs 24/7 and assists in planning getaways anywhere in the world. They’ll also enjoy cell-phone protection, digital wallet technology, and more.
Should You Apply for the TRIO® Credit Card?
The TRIO® Credit Card from Fifth Third Bank is a popular cash back option – and it’s easy to see why. Unlimited 3$ back on dining, plus 2% back on gas, groceries,a nd drug stores makes it a card that provides exceptional value every day of the year. The addition of 0% intro APR and a modest $100 cash back bonus don’t hurt, either.