TRIO® Credit Card
$100 Cash Back Bonus + No Annual Fee
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- New cardholders can earn a $100 cash back bonus by spending $1,000 within 90 days of account opening
- 3% cash back at restaurants
- 2% cash back on gas and at grocery and drug stores
- 1% unlimited cash back rewards on all other purchases
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months after account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The TRIO® Credit Card from Fifth Third Bank can earn a modest amount of cash back on everyday purchases and entices new customers with a $100 cash back bonus offer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for an uncomplicated cash back credit card
- Frequently dine out
- Travel and want a card that does not charge foreign transaction fees
TRIO® Credit Card Review
Fifth Third Bank’s cash back product, the TRIO® Credit Card earns a starting rate of 1% cash back on every purchase. On purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and drugstores, the rate is bumped up to 2% – but the eligible spending amount is capped at $1,500 per quarter. If you’re eager to earn cash back, you’ll want to use this card often at restaurants; those purchases earn 3% back.
A Solid Introductory Offer
If you’re looking for a card with a lower interest rate that you can transfer your balance to, the TRIO® Credit Card also appeals with its introductory promotional APR. Posted transfers benefit from 12 months with 0% interest, so it’s worthwhile to consider consolidating your credit card debt to this card if the difference in interest rates is significant enough.
In addition, new cardholders can earn a $100 cash back bonus if they spend at least $1,000 within 90 days of opening an account. When you’re ready to redeem your rewards, you can do so for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
The TRIO® Credit Card also caters to travel-hungry customers. There are no foreign transaction fees, and cardholders can get a 10% discount when booking via vacation rental company, onefinestay. In addition, users get access to Mastercard Travel Services, which runs 24/7 and assists in planning getaways anywhere in the world. They’ll also enjoy cell-phone protection, digital wallet technology, and more.
Should You Apply for the TRIO® Credit Card?
The TRIO® Credit Card from Fifth Third Bank is a popular cash back option – and it’s easy to see why. Unlimited 3$ back on dining, plus 2% back on gas, groceries,a nd drug stores makes it a card that provides exceptional value every day of the year. The addition of 0% intro APR and a modest $100 cash back bonus don’t hurt, either.